The Thread that Ties us together

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Think about this -

Our backgrounds across the board are very different.

We have different likes, dislikes.

We have grown up in different areas of the the world.

We have been exposed to various cultures and tastes.

Some live in big houses and are well off, others live in the projects.

On this board we have various people that are so different, one would wonder what causes us to fellowship together.

Christ.

The binding ties of the Spirit of God through Christ's work causes us to fellowship together. In any other circumstance, we may live on the same block, but chances are none of us would know one another as purely secular Friends. All of us with the diverse backgrounds are brought together by the binding of Christ and His work.

Isaiah 40:11 He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.

One big flock. Its amazing to me that we are so intricately linked together and care about one another in this way.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,

[Edited on 1-14-2005 by webmaster]

And I thought this was gonna be a shameless plug for "The Puritan Board"!

:lol:

(Just kidding!)

On a serious note: Praise Be To Our Lord!

Originally posted by webmaster
One big flock. Its amazing to me that we are so intricately linked together and care about one another in this way.

Amen, especially on that point! Our diversity and various differences only further that point and thus magnify God's unthinkable work. I value so many people as brethren and friends because of His providencial work through this community - and indeed, it is because of Christ that we have become linked as such, and through Him that the link is sustained as well. Soli Deo Gloria!

This is an important and critical point. There are many things that we disagree on and discuss fervently. That is as it should be. But we remember our audience. In the face of unbelievers, we are united by our common faith in Christ.

I am thankful for all of you.

That's one great and beautiful thing about the body of Christ. It brings people together who otherwise wouldnt even consider sharing time and space with eachother.

Mike

bowdown1.gif

and I'm thankful for my lighter brothers in Christ whom I will stand side by side with one day in eternity and collectively bow down to the One who lives forever and ever!

I'm also glad I get to interact with some of you NOW through this board. I hope we can meet up from time to time somewhere down the line.

You know guys, I visit a few "Christian" forums, but this is the only place I've ever been where disagreements don't lead to sarcastic "bites" from one another. While there are threads where debate and disagreement happen, everyone remains friendly and respectful.

Honestly, I have never seen that any where else on the net!

Originally posted by Scott Bushey
bowdown1.gif

so cool!!! Especially if we got scott to do this!:lol:

Isn't The Lord wonderful...he uses us to sharpen eachother, complement eachother, prod eachother, and encourage eachother...:banana:

Originally posted by joshua
**gnawing at Adam**

:lol:

Seriously, at other places my Christianity has been questioned, I have been told "you obviously do not read the bible", and other such comments!

[Edited on 15-1-2005 by houseparent]

Originally posted by OS_X
and I'm thankful for my lighter brothers in Christ whom I will stand side by side with one day in eternity and collectively bow down to the One who lives forever and ever!
For all you know, we could all be morbidly obese...oh, wait, I understand now :lol:

It is a pleasure being a part of this Board. I love my church, too....but when I get home late from work, it's good to have a place I can be in my pj's.

Dr. McMahon is brilliant! Yet, it's not his. The Lord has certainly endowed that brother with a theologically sound mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back