The ultimate question

  • Thread starter Thread starter JM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer loose, BUT I use Mighty Leaf Teas, and they come in these things that are more like mesh bags. :2cents:
 
Loose, and don't forget we English have tea drinking down to a T (pun intended) ;)

cream-tea_penshurst.jpg
 
Loose, and don't forget we English have tea drinking down to a T (pun intended) ;)

cream-tea_penshurst.jpg


Agreed. We attended a high tea while vacationing in Scotland (Aberwethy, If I recall correctly) and it was one of the better dining experiences I've experienced.
 
I love the Earl Grey and I'm making a switch to loose, how much should I be using in a tea ball spoon for extra strong tea?

teaball-spoon.jpg
 
All tea and coffee are to be drunk black. No sugar. No milk. No cream.

Anything else is blasphemy.
 
All tea and coffee are to be drunk black. No sugar. No milk. No cream.

Anything else is blasphemy.

Now, now, you don't know the value of a good tea with just the right amount of cream. Tea and coffee are NOT parallel in this case.
 
Tea Bags

We came from the south prior to moving to Okinawa. We were big into the famous SWEET TEA!!! (Loved it:sing:) Now since we have lived here, we have really enjoyed our tea kettle and a "wam (English accent) cup of tea (snooty voice):duh:". We are, of course amateurs, one because we're not from England, two we haven't been doing the real tea thing for long and three my teeth are only partially brown.
I love Earl Grey with Sugar on the Raw and my hubby is in to the Lipton Black Pearl with honey and three drops (literally) of milk.
My husband is always making sure I make his tea proper! "Warm cup with hot water, dump hot water, prepare tea bag and dump hot water on tea bag in cup!" If I do not pour the hot water on the tea bag, the nagging begins!!! :eek:
I would love to try some loose Earl Grey!! That would be awesome! :think:
 
Amen Zenas. I also vote loose leaf. then strained out. then merrily drunk.

Actually, I typically don't bother straining it, but just leave the pieces down settled at the bottom of the cup while drinking.

We came from the south prior to moving to Okinawa. We were big into the famous SWEET TEA!!! (Loved it:sing:)

:up: :amen: There's more than one thing I took away from living in Memphis on and off for three years!
 
WOW... I feel awfully "outclassed" by saying that Southern Style sweet tea for me please ;)

I love sweet tea, do you have a secret recipe to share? :)

Anyone drink cold tea? I like to take a few tea bags, Earl Grey or Green, toss them into water and stick it in the refrigerator. No sugar or milk. I find it's good before, during and after workouts.
 
Loose, and don't forget we English have tea drinking down to a T (pun intended) ;)

cream-tea_penshurst.jpg

Now that looks inviting.

I worked at a public library that once a year would have a fundraising event using the idea of the High Tea. It was quite an event and I enjoyed it as an employee. A nice break from all the reference work I was doing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top