Theology of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww

Puritan Board Senior
As I'm sitting here watching the 60 Minutes feature of "The Killings in Haditha" where Sgt Frank Wuterich and a squad of US Marines killed 24 apparently innocent civilians in the Town in Iraq called "Haditha" I'm wondering is there a "Theology of War"?

Where can I read about what as I as a Christian should believe about War in light of God's Law?

I find that my view of War such as the current one in Iraq are affected by my political opinion and how I feel about the threat to our country as well as what is morally right from the Scriptures. However I am not studied up on the subject beyond that.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations for reading online or in book form as well as any of your thoughts on the topic!

Last edited:
Greg Bahnsen has some very interesting thoughts and I highly recommend his 3 part lecture series, available for purchase here, or his interview on the radio over this subject that is free for download here.

As I'm sitting here watching the 60 Minutes feature of "The Killings in Haditha" where Sgt Frank Wuterich and a squad of US Marines killed 24 apparently innocent civilians in the Town in Iraq called "Haditha" I'm wondering is there a "Theology of War"?

Where can I read about what as I as a Christian should believe about War in light of God's Law?

I find that my view of War such as the current one in Iraq are affected by my political opinion and how I feel about the threat to our country as well as what is morally right from the Scriptures. However I am not studied up on the subject beyond that.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations for reading online or in book form as well as any of your thoughts on the topic!

Try Boettner - The Christian Attitude Towards War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back