Time Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this movie? Any thoughts?

Time Changer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew,

Good movie in some respects. A little cheesy at times, and might reflect a quasi-dispensational view. Upshot is that it shows that an explicitly Christian ethic is necessary for the survival of Christendom.

Adam

P.S. I was on vacation, but want to say something about Theo-didactic. Perhaps another thread, or a PM?
 
Gentlemen,

Thanks very much. That is helpful. I didn't find any previous threads on this movie, but it sounded intriguing. I may see it soon.

Adam,

Sure thing, brother, a pm would be preferred, and it might take a little time for me to respond, since my schedule is full for the time being, but I would be happy to discuss further.

Blessings to all!
 
Yes, see the film. I would seriously consider it good enough for evangelism - perhaps sponsoring a public showing of it. It does have (to my mind) a whiff of a Dispensational slant to it, but not enough to make it unacceptable.

It has a moment of sheer comic genius towards the end, when two hypocritical christians (who see the main character disappear in a lightening cloud - time travel) look at one another in horror and cry 'oh no! we've missed the rapture!' :lol:
 
Has anyone seen this movie? Any thoughts?

Time Changer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew,

Good movie in some respects. A little cheesy at times, and might reflect a quasi-dispensational view. Upshot is that it shows that an explicitly Christian ethic is necessary for the survival of Christendom.

Adam

P.S. I was on vacation, but want to say something about Theo-didactic. Perhaps another thread, or a PM?

The ending seemed to be a bit amill. Explaining why would be a spoiler!
 
Has anyone seen this movie? Any thoughts?

Time Changer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Andrew,

Good movie in some respects. A little cheesy at times, and might reflect a quasi-dispensational view. Upshot is that it shows that an explicitly Christian ethic is necessary for the survival of Christendom.

Adam

P.S. I was on vacation, but want to say something about Theo-didactic. Perhaps another thread, or a PM?

The ending seemed to be a bit amill. Explaining why would be a spoiler!

On reflection, you have a good point there...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top