Toastmasters International.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron

Puritan Board Graduate
My wife and I attended a meeting this week at a local Toastmasters. We both enjoyed our time there and how they handled there meeting. We are thinking of joining being about $6 a month for each of us. The reason we went is due to hearing so many educated men and women who can not speak in public. They use Um, Uh, and so on. I was surprised they even have a Ah Counter at there meetings. They also have a time for extemporaneous speech and evaluate those who participate.

Was wondering if any other PB members attend or used to attend Toastmasters?
 
I stopped just short of a DTM. I really enjoyed the meetings, and it was good practice. I do recommend it. The good clubs provide positive, supportive feedback.
 
I took a class as a child -- someone sponsored a session for homeschoolers. My baby sister got confused and called it our 'wafflemakers' meeting :-).

I spoke too quickly and not loudly enough, I was told. Yet this was a better outcome than my speech class in college, where I carefully pored over and memorized every line and forgot everything but the first and last sentences. I'm afraid I am not brave enough to make a third attempt! But the people who ran the toastmasters I attended were very kind and gracious, made it as enjoyable as under the circumstances it could have been, and I still remember a speech someone gave about birdwatching.
 
I am currently a Toastmaster. To be honest, I had a lot of uhm's in my sermons. My congregation decided to send me to Toastmasters. I've ever since been a Toastmaster and my preaching has benefited tremendously from it. I can heartily recommend it.
 
As per my employment with my company, I am required to attend monthly toastmaster meetings. I have found them to be very helpful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top