Today´s puritans

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaphLamedh

Puritan Board Freshman
Who are today´s puritan? Is there something that we should put away to spend time even more with God, by praying and reading the Bible etc?
When we can say to unsaved that "I don´t need that, all I need is Jesus Christ"?
 
I would say that many members of this board are modern day puritans. Other than that i would say...
Ken Gentry
Alistair Begg
David Engelsma
Greg Bahnsen
Sinclair Ferguson
Michael Horton
Ergun Caner (just kidding)
 
Those who are suffused with Scripture and who hold it with a right understanding, who seek to put the Lord first and foremost in all matters, seeking His glory.

J.I. Packer, Sinclair Ferguson, Maurice Roberts and Hywel Jones typify the older generation while Joel Beeke serves as a bridge and Ryan McGraw, Mark Jones and John Tweedale and others are just now coming on to the stage.
 
THE PURITANS’ NETWORK (go to the Q & A section) Has some good info on denominations that are seeking the puritan ideal. Also at the bottom of the QA page, check out the great script by John Geree on a tract that was published in 1646 concerning the definition of a English Puritan. (see #18)
 
I would say that many members of this board are modern day puritans. Other than that i would say...
David Engelsma

David Engelsma can't stand the Puritans... you should hear how he talks about them in his Eschatology course. Also, the Puritans were ecumenical in the Reformed world- not sectarian. I would scratch him off the list. :2cents:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top