Travel Websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

py3ak

Unshaven and anonymous
Staff member
What websites do you use to make your travel arrangements?

I like Expedia. Hotwire is good for great deals, and I've tried Priceline a time or two as well.

Travelocity blatantly advertises to homosexuals on its website, so I tend to avoid doing business with them.

I tried several today. I think Travelzoo does the best job of letting you easily see all kinds of results. Too bad it's not for me!

I tend to find out who flies where I'm going and go directly to the airline website. I try to use certain airlines, of course, because I can use the miles toward free travel.

We travel to several parts of the world somewhat regularly, so those miles do add up.

You can log in as a guest and use the same resource most travel agents do at the International Travel Agents site:

ITA Software: Login

The trend now is that individual airline web sites often have the lowest fares. To be a good steward, compare several sites- Expedia is very user friendly.

One thing about Priceline: I tried it a couple of times (naming your price) and it's fun. I saved about $20 on a hotel room and about $15 dollars on a rental car for a presbytery trip (which means the church saved the money in the end). However, I soon got a call from my credit card company saying that my number had been skimmed that day. It could just be a "coincidence" (that was the only time I used my card that day), but it made me a little leery.

I used Hotwire today to book my flight to Classis in Pierre, SD (though I am meeting someone in Watertown)... Saved $50 over Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz.

Kayak.com first, then orbitz. Very often, though I just end up going directly to the airline sites that kayak & orbitz show the best prices for and get 'em direct (and often save $5 or $10 because I avoid site fees that some sites charge). Hotels and cars almost always I use hotwire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back