Ubuntu Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Puritan Board Sophomore
I recently installed Ubuntu on my computer and I cannot get any of the You Tube videos to play. Anyone else have this issue with Ubuntu?
 
Which version of Ubuntu are you running?? This should work in Gutsy or Hardy: open a terminal and type these codes:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

You can search topics at the Ubuntu Forums to answer most if not all of your questions. I hope this works for you.

:cheers:
 
Perhaps you just need to install Flash for your browser on Ubuntu. I usually have had to do that when I install Ubuntu.
 
Unfortunately, I've tried a number of things recommended by the folks over at Ubuntu forums without much luck (you can see that post here for everything I've done up to this point).

Hardy is installed.
 
When you ran the flash install on the terminal did you get any error messages? While I am not familiar with the Ubuntu version of linux, I have played with other flavors. If at all possible can you post the terminal output when you ran the install script?

Other option to consider is to reinstall Ubuntu from scratch.

It could be any number of issues.

What is your hardware configuration? Did you do a custom install of Ubuntu or a generic?
 
Greg, I read through your thread on Ubuntu Forums, and I must say....Wow, I have no earthly idea how to resolve your situation. I had hoped it would be something simple, and it may yet prove to be. I still hope someone will come forward and solve the riddle before you abandon Ubuntu completely, if that thought has indeed entered your mind at some point.

:cheers:

Sincerely,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top