Union With Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi! Any books that you can recommend on ones Union with Christ or that at least deal with the subject in some detail? On the importance of being "in Christ". Being baptistic I would prefer books that don't emphasis baptism being part of ones union with Christ. This does not mean I want to only read baptistic authors on subject but rather I want to understand more about how we are brought into union with Christ through faith and repentance brought about by God's drawing and grace.

Thank you!

For His Glory-
Matthew

Richard Gaffin: By Faith Not By Sight.

Mark A.Garcia: Life in Christ : Union with Christ and Twofold Grace in Calvin’s Theology. Studies in Christian history and thought.

Michael Horton: Covenant and Salvation: Union with Christ.

Cornelis P Venema: Accepted and Renewed in Christ: The Twofold Grace of God and the Interpretation of Calvin's Theology

Published lectures on UNION WITH Christ by Al Martin
A series of Lectures Delivered in Toronto Baptist Seminary
February 15-17, 1978

Last edited:
Of Communion with The Son Jesus Christ - The Works of John Owen, Vol Two, Part II Chapter 1-10 (Banner of Truth)

Union and Communion with Christ - Maurice Roberts (Reformation Heritage Books)

Spiritual Union and Communion - Arthur W. Pink (Baker Book House)

Being baptistic I would prefer books that don't emphasis baptism being part of ones union with Christ.

It is through baptism with/by the Holy Spirit at regeneration that Christ unites us to Himself, and this is symbolised by water baptism; both Reformed Baptists and Presbyterians teach this.

In some important passages on union with Christ - e.g. Romans 6 - the Apostle doesn't distinguish between the sign and the thing signified because of the "sacramental union" between the water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back