USB 3.0 to RJ45 Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Those following my LAN exploits may not be surprised but I was thinking of buying a new laptop with LAN rj45 socket for my wifes Birthday. Sadly for her and luckily for me I came across this convertor!

My question is this, is there a rj 45 convertor for our Amazon Fife stick? I came across some references but was hoping someone actually uses one

US only! It seems original US firesticks had an rj45. Removing it shaved a bit off the production costs. Anyway this after market solution is US only. Will post again once wife connects her laptop with USB adapter.

US only! It seems original US firesticks had an rj45. Removing it shaved a bit off the production costs. Anyway this after market solution is US only. Will post again once wife connects her laptop with USB adapter.

Or maybe wifi is good enough that you don't need Ethernet :D

Do you mean it can only be purchased in the US? I can't think of any technical reason it couldn't be used in the UK: all the electronics would be DC so you don't have to worry about the 60 vs 50 Hz side of things...

Well, my wifes laptop is a chromebook so I am returning the adapter and getting one that specifies Chromebook compatability

The correct dongle arrived and my wife can now access hard wired fibre broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back