Verse Used as Scripture Proof Look-Up Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
In preparing Bible Studies, one question I often think about is: how has this particular passage/verse been used as a Scripture proof for various doctrines? For example, while preparing a study on "serving two masters" (Matt 6:24), I glanced through my Westminster Confession to see if that particular verse was used as a scripture proof anywhere in the Confession.

What I'm wondering is, is there some sort of website or program that has already indexed verses in this manner? If I was preparing a study for Matt 6, is there a way to, say, see all the places verses in Matt 6 are used as references in the Westminster Standards? Of course, following on that, is there a way to see where it is used in other doctrinal documents/Christian works (Three Forms of Unity, Savoy Declaration, Calvin's Institutes, etc)?

If there isn't, I'm seriously considering starting an index like this. Would it be something others would find useful?

Some Bible study software has this feature. I know in Libronix that I can search everything in my library for reference to any term in any other resource (within Libronix) by right-clicking on it and choosing the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back