(I think I really have improved, but the work is piling up, and I feel like it is my fault.)
As a lawyer and a Christian, what does this mean to you in a rational moment? "My Fault".
I know we are emotional being and you may be overcome at times, but smart woman that you are, its not about fault, that sounds of guilt, at least to me, I hope it does not come from there. If it does dismiss it at once.
Perhaps responsible is a more accurate word.
And you are responsible to a certain extent. Either someone is giving you too much work, or you are not being as responsible as you could be.
But no room for fault, that weakens and drains you.
So for clarity, decide which it is,
Now mortify it.
More diligence or just accept the excessive work load and ask for grace to handle it and your brother and sis to pray with you for grace and change in circumstances after you have suffered a little and experienced the grace of God that is there for you in these times, and the growth of your faith. 1 Peter 5:10
after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
NKJV
Be excited, This is a good thing you are going through, All Things work for Good, rejoice, God is at work in you.
You may also want to read some secular practical works like Habits of Highly Effective People, ask for skill ideas like I learned a rule
Touch it Once. Helped me immensely not to procrastinate what doesn't need to be. When you pick it up don't pile it do that one now. Then next etc.
Of course there are some exceptions, needs something you don't have yet, higher priority, but the less times you waste going back to it, even in email, it saves a ton. And there are some breakdowns but just being consistent though not perfect with the rule saves time and frustration for me.
Hang in there sis, God has asked you to take on a big task and yet, can you believe that His grace is sufficient even for that immense task you have??
I know you know these tings, I seek only to encourage you and put you in remembrance of them in the midst of the swamp overfilling and the alligators roar.
1 Cor 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
NKJV
Praise him for His unbelievable and undeserved mercy