Video games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone play them?

I own an XBox, PS2, Game Cube, Dreamcast, and Nintendo 64 and play them all. I have to manage my time with them wisely, but I enjoy them.

If I would discuss them here would I get any replies? :D

You would get replies from me, my friend. :D

Actually, I really don't play them as much as I used to. But there are games I still enjoy today. RPG's are hard to play these days because of my schedule, and since going to college I've lost most of my desire to play games that are long and drawn out. The only exception for me would be Metroid Prime, and I plan on buying Metroid Prime 2: Echoes in November, though I'm not sure when I'll have time to play it. Some of my favorite games are Super Smash brothers Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash and the Mario Party games just because they are fun to play with friends.

One of the signs that I am old is that I can't really play video games anymore. Not that I would not want to - they are just too hard for me!

I think back wistfully to the days of Intellivision Baseball and Sea Battle, and Atari, and the very first Nintendo...

I used to play a lot of video games...I was absolutely addicted to Doom way back in the day. I no longer enjoy them, except for racing games...I love those!

I think I don't play more of them because I associate them with how I used to distract myself with them to an ungodly degree...

[quote:86fbbbf772]I associate them with how I used to distract myself with them to an ungodly degree...[/quote:86fbbbf772]

I understand, as I used to do that as well.

Now I make certain that my prayer and bible study come first as well as church services and fellowship.

I have MAME as well, and while that could be considered stealing, I simply cannot find most of those games to buy! And when I do, I buy them. Iplay Burger Time, Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Galaga, etc as much as I do the new stuff!

[quote:4e5defc962="houseparent"][quote:4e5defc962]I associate them with how I used to distract myself with them to an ungodly degree...[/quote:4e5defc962]

I understand, as I used to do that as well.

Now I make certain that my prayer and bible study come first as well as church services and fellowship.[/quote:4e5defc962]What if it is a pc game like Medieval: Total War where you get to beat up the Pope and kick him out of office? I was playing it just before I came online :lol:

4 children now take up my time from playing games. Reading the bible to them, books, board / card games, etc.

I too liked Doom and the new one is out.

:think:

:pray2:

[quote:e31b426b01="Abd_Yesua_alMasih"].

What if it is a pc game like Medieval: Total War where you get to beat up the Pope and kick him out of office? I was playing it just before I came online :lol:[/quote:e31b426b01]

That does sound interesting. THe last video game I played was The Two Towers on Playstation about a year and a half ago.

I'm playing Fable on the XB now which is cool because you can choose to be very, very good or very, very evil. Most people chose evil, being good is hard! It's a neat game.

I may get the fighting game "Def Jam Vandetta fight for New York" because I want to creat myself as a character and beat the snot out of the rappers in the game lol!

I am thinking about picking up X-Men legends for the XB this afternoon. I heard it's like Balders Gate staring the X-Men. Sounds kind of cool to me.

I like to play strategy games (civilization series, age of empires series, Starcraft, etc) and racing games (colin mcrae rally, mario kart 64). I get to play Battlefield 1942 in a LAN-party setting every few months or so with the guys at work...that's a lot of fun.

I do have to watch myself though, I can end up sinking a lot of time into these games!

Yes, time is an issue with most Christians that I have talked to. The way I see it is that if I have spent time in prayer in study, and plan on doing so again that evening, then spending the afternoon playing a game or two is no big deal.

[quote:cabea9a024="Finn McCool"][quote:cabea9a024="Abd_Yesua_alMasih"].

What if it is a pc game like Medieval: Total War where you get to beat up the Pope and kick him out of office? I was playing it just before I came online :lol:[/quote:cabea9a024]

That does sound interesting. THe last video game I played was The Two Towers on Playstation about a year and a half ago.[/quote:cabea9a024]Well you arnt meant to attack the Pope but I was the British and when ever I did anything the Pope would tell me off... no wonder there was a reformation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back