Visible/Invisible distinction resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not the Lord though at times bring a severe chastisement upon even his own, to the point of death, to keep His testimony from becoming really blackened?

Sure, that's possible. But the possibility of that doesn't count as evidence that such happened in Acts.

Dachaser wrote:
In a local assembly, there is a mixture of the invisible true church of Christ, the saved, and also the visible members of the local assembly church.
When I say none are in the church save the saved, always referencing the true church of Christ.

You are aware that all NT writings use the term 'church' to refer to both types of members, which would logically lead one to the idea of the internal and external distinctions-unless of course you can show me that the terminology is for just the elect?

Sure, that's possible. But the possibility of that doesn't count as evidence that such happened in Acts.

The evidence would be against the idea that they were true believers as the Apostle tells the husband that 'satan has filled your heart'. Jesus tells us that 'a house divided cannot stand' and 'Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.'

The evidence would be against the idea that they were true believers as the Apostle tells the husband that 'Satan has filled your heart'. Jesus tells us that 'a house divided cannot stand' and 'Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.'
Very good point, as that seems to be very similar to Satan actually possessing Judas, so I think that you are right, this seems to suggest that neither of them were really saved!

You are aware that all NT writings use the term 'church' to refer to both types of members, which would logically lead one to the idea of the internal and external distinctions-unless of course you can show me that the terminology is for just the elect?
The Church of Christ, the One that he is head over, would be just the saved persons within it, as only saved are in that Church. Agree with you that church can also and does refer to local assemblies, but the Church as the Bride/Body of Christ has only saved in it.

Agree with you that church can also and does refer to local assemblies, but the Church as the Bride/Body of Christ has only saved in it.

Is the Annanias episode in Acts an example of the "local assemblies" or the Church as body of Christ?

The Church of Christ, the One that he is head over, would be just the saved persons within it, as only saved are in that Church. Agree with you that church can also and does refer to local assemblies, but the Church as the Bride/Body of Christ has only saved in it.

Depends on if they were really saved or not, for within each local assembly there will be the true and the false church.

C'mon, man. You have admitted that the scriptures refer to the local church in 2 ways-locally and universally. This shows the absolute distinction you are arguing against-for what reason, I have no idea.

C'mon, man. You have admitted that the scriptures refer to the local church in 2 ways-locally and universally. This shows the absolute distinction you are arguing against-for what reason, I have no idea.
I am just saying that the church of the NC would be just made up of saved persons, as only the redeemed are actually part of it and the true Church of Christ.

So church membership is not simply the elect?
The local church membership in Baptist churces would be shown as when the water baptism was done to them, as that is the requirement to identify with local church as being in membership, but the Holy Spirit baptism done at time of salvation identifies them as being members of the one true Church of Christ. Not all who are water baptized are really saved, but all whom the Spirit baptized into the true Church are all saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back