V. Men ought not to content themselves with a general repentance, but it is every man's duty to endeavor to repent of his particular sins, particularly.
I know this is true by experience. Sometimes I go a whole day without particularly repenting of specific sins, and by the next morning my heart is quite hard. But when I take time out all throughout the day, which is the norm, to single out particular sins and repent of them, I find the Holy Spirit working in and through me more-so than before.
My question is: Is there a point in the Christian life where you stop having this constant struggle with the corruptions of your heart, or is that something God leaves you with until glory to keep you trusting in Him?
I know this is true by experience. Sometimes I go a whole day without particularly repenting of specific sins, and by the next morning my heart is quite hard. But when I take time out all throughout the day, which is the norm, to single out particular sins and repent of them, I find the Holy Spirit working in and through me more-so than before.
My question is: Is there a point in the Christian life where you stop having this constant struggle with the corruptions of your heart, or is that something God leaves you with until glory to keep you trusting in Him?

Larry! We really don't even know how corrupt our sinful natures are. It's so easy to attribute the careless, thoughtless, hurtful words that sometimes cross our lips -- as Christians -- to being hungry or tired or what-have-you rather than our sinful nature coming to the surface. How we need to mortify the flesh, crucify the old nature, put on Christ, be transformed in the renewing of our minds. And how this is only possible by the grace of God! May the knowledge of our sin, as we discover it, drive us to repentance and faith in Christ alone. 