Website development software/tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Hey folks,

My wife has recently decided that we should have a family website. (NOTE: Not just a blog.) I'm cool with that idea, but my one caveat is that if it is going to represent us it is going to look good. So she's been looking online at various website development tools and they all produce rather cheesy looking websites.

Can someone here point me in the right direction so as to software or tools (or something!) so that my wife can build a website that looks good to us?

Thanks!
Ben

Drupal.org,

If you're willing to take some time to learn it, drupal can be a very powerful Content Management System, that allows you to do some impressive things with ease.

You can use WordPress for that. It is easy to use, has good themes and options, and can be configured to have a webpage front/look instead of a blog. That is what we currently use for our church website.

Tumblr is a nice program that allows you to put up different types of content up with ease.

I agree that Wordpress is good for what you would need it to do. As a developer, I despise Wordpress. The best thing for you to do is figure out what features you want then start looking for add-ons that can accomplish that task.

And what do I need it to do? I don't believe I've said.

I thought you had in the first post.

My wife has recently decided that we should have a family website. (NOTE: Not just a blog.) I'm cool with that idea, but my one caveat is that if it is going to represent us it is going to look good.

Nope. I said what I want... not what I need it to do. I can't tell you what I need it to do.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Thanks guys for the suggestions! I'll pass these along to my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back