Transcription Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulCLawton

Puritan Board Freshman
Does anyone have a recommendation for transcription software? Ideally it would be free, most of the ones I have found are on a subscription or pay per use basis. The intended use is transcribing recorded sermons.

Otter is the one I have used, and it is quite good. You do have to pay for it if you want to transcribe longer sermons, but it is worth it if you plan on doing it a lot.

I second Otter. It really is a gem. I think it is like $15.99 a month for 6,000 minutes of auto-transcription. Which is close to 600 sermons a month. And the good thing is once you transcribe something, it is automatically loaded into their editing software where you can pinpoint mistakes, then listen to that specific part of the tape to get the correct word. Skip going out to eat once a month and get Otter.ai it is the best. Compare to manual transcription companies and they want close to $1.00 a minute. If it is for church, get it approved for budget, and see if you can find a volunteer to do it each week. Would probably take them an hour to edit at most after the MP3 is created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back