Were you a TCK?

Are you a TCK?


  • Total voters
    18
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually knew the guy who wrote this book:

2003700806009535130_rs.jpg


He passed away a few years ago, but his son still lives in Tianjin. Wonderful family, by the way.

-----Added 2/20/2009 at 07:03:56 EST-----

My wife was a political TCK and, oddly enough, he "diagnosed" me as one too. That is, I grew up a Canadian kid in a Dutch subculture in Southern Ontario. It was a little wierd...
 
USAID (foreign aid), or , spending your tax dollars to bribe tinhorn dictators to allow us to put a US flag pin on the map instead of a hammer and sickle.
 
In my day we just called these people expats.

Even the military kids? That would have sounded like a curse word to us...the kind that would have had our military parents jumping down our throats.

Wait a minute, I'm having de ja vu...betting I did this poll once before and we had this expat convo before :lol: go figure....mommybrain strikes again!
 
In my day we just called these people expats.

Even the military kids? That would have sounded like a curse word to us...the kind that would have had our military parents jumping down our throats.

Wait a minute, I'm having de ja vu...betting I did this poll once before and we had this expat convo before :lol: go figure....mommybrain strikes again!
those were just called brats.
 
In my day we just called these people expats.

Even the military kids? That would have sounded like a curse word to us...the kind that would have had our military parents jumping down our throats.

Wait a minute, I'm having de ja vu...betting I did this poll once before and we had this expat convo before :lol: go figure....mommybrain strikes again!
those were just called brats.

Actually, that would be B.R.A.T.s.

Born, Raised, And Trained in the Armed Forces ;)
 
From the time I was 12yr till I was almost 18yr, I was raised in Canada...guess that isn't too third world, but if you could have seen where I live you would agree that particular place certainly was! :D
 
My parents were gypsies, always moving around. We were always in a new culture, though the same country. Our children our in living outside of the U.S.
 
Last edited:
From the time I was 12yr till I was almost 18yr, I was raised in Canada...guess that isn't too third world, but if you could have seen where I live you would agree that particular place certainly was! :D

Third Culture, not Third World. Means being raised outside of one's culture and not integrating into another.
 
Right! Sorry, I knew that when I first started writing my response and then "world" shot into my head!
blondmoment.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top