What are good RSS/XML readers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benefits of RSS

You control which RSS channel you would like to view.
You only view headlines and descriptions, making it easy for you to scan topics.
The link will take you directly to that article or broadcast.
You are alerted when the site is updated.
 
I'm using Opera, which has an email client, newsreader, etc integrated into the browser and that's probably what I'll stick with. Its newsreader is top notch.

I'm still not too happy with Firefox melting down on me several months ago after installing version 1.5. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you can do this, that and the other to get the bookmarks back and anybody who can't figure it out is a moron, but I don't have time to constantly tinker with it. And I like Opera's mail client better than Mozilla's Thunderbird.

I would recommend the Sage extension for Firefox users. I didn't care much for the newsreader function on Thunderbird (Mozilla's email client), which usually has you viewing the web page in Thunderbird, but having to pull it up in Firefox if you want to comment, etc.

Can't help you for IE since I haven't used it as my default browser in well over a year, although I think Outlook Express probably has a newsreader if you use it.

[Edited on 4-6-2006 by Pilgrim]

[Edited on 4-6-2006 by Pilgrim]
 
Originally posted by mangum
Originally posted by Draught Horse
What about non-firefox users? This is what Al Mohler suggested:

http://albertmohler.com/xml_help.php

Omea Reader is for Internet Explorer too. I mentioned Fire Fox just in case.

Omea has most featured retail Feeders have. Check it out.

Chris,

Does Omea intregrate with Outlook or take over its functions? Outlook 2007 has an RSS reader integrated into it, but it still does not have a newsreader function.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top