What do you do with your dust jackets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are people reading their books, at a mess hall on a military battlefield?

I used to read on a tractor. And certainly I always would read a book in my dorm-mess-hall days. Otherwise, I'd have to see what I was eating.

I kept the slightly torn dust jacket on my copy of 'The Little Prince' -- it's such charming art. The great art on the dust jacket of my George and Martha, namely the portraits of those even toed ungulates, were cut out and sent to my nieces. Any other wonderful dust jackets have mostly shared that fate. None of Ruben's theological books contain such masterpieces, so we happily throw them away. I have wondered why so many bookshelves give an impression of messy stacks of paper rather than neat and beautifully grave books and realised it was largely due to the dust jackets. I love the way the light catches over the lettering on a row of spines: books on a shelf should be enticingly beautiful.

By the way, I really appreciate this thread. I can't think of many other venues that would sustain such a vigorous debate over dust covers!

I am happy to be among so many "people of the book."

By the way, I really appreciate this thread. I can't think of many other venues that would sustain such a vigorous debate over dust covers!

As you may remember, many on the board have openly confessed to being a book-sniffer. If I am not mistaken, you were one of them. And so was I.

I generally cover mine with clear adhesive plastic and then tape them to the cover of the book the way libraries do.

As you may remember, many on the board have openly confessed to being a book-sniffer. If I am not mistaken, you were one of them. And so was I.

My mother does that....ughhh drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back