Caroline
Puritan Board Sophomore
Are other people here like me in that, when they want to start a new thread, they panic because they don't know which forum to put it in? Blessings ... hmmmm ... Old Testament Prophets? NT? Exegetical? AAAAAAAAA ... I don't know, I don't know! So the placement is somewhat random (but there are blessings in worship, right?). Mods feel free to move it, but please tell me where, or I will never find it again.
Anyway .... my question is what is a blessing?
I don't think it's a sort of incantation, like speaking something into existance, but it does seem like it's more than stating a wish and hope that everything turns out well for someone.
Also, can anyone besides an ordained minister give a blessing? I sometimes say to friends, "May God be with you" or "May God give you peace/wisdom/etc". Are these 'blessings'?
Anyway .... my question is what is a blessing?
I don't think it's a sort of incantation, like speaking something into existance, but it does seem like it's more than stating a wish and hope that everything turns out well for someone.
Also, can anyone besides an ordained minister give a blessing? I sometimes say to friends, "May God be with you" or "May God give you peace/wisdom/etc". Are these 'blessings'?

