What's up in the Dispensational Camp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on in the Dispensational camp since Obama is now President Elect? Do any of you have any friends or relatives who think Obama is the Anti-Christ.

I'm not trying to harp on Dispensationalists, I'm just curious what their reaction has been to Obama's election.

Change the article from "the" to "an", and I agree wholeheartedly.

Cheers,

That's what I've been thinking as well.

He, too, wondered why they always get anxious about current events

If you watch their faces while they're discussing this it's less anxiousness and fear than it is hope. I saw that in myself as a young teen in a dipsy mega-church. When I would be honest with myself, it was was with me and my friends more wishful thinking by a jaded group of people than fear for personal safety. Massive destruction that you got to enjoy but wouldn't have to suffer the consequences for, like watching Godzilla trash New York when you're in California.

I have been asked by my mother-in-law if I thought Obama was the anti-Christ but now she knows that I am not a Dispensational so she no longer asks. My brother-in-law asked me this the other day, "With Obama in the white house and Israel back in their country was the end near?" I told him that I did not hold to his system of end times beliefs but according to what he believes he will be raptured before the anti-Christ does his thing anyway and should not worry about who he is.

I go to a Dispensational church every friday to fellowship. They haven't identified the Anti-Christ yet but they defintely don't cut down on the end times jargon. Every single event seems to be a sign of the end times.

Sounds about right for Dispensationalists. The thing I am still baffled by is how much they fear these events. If they believe the "rapture" is a coming and they will be with Jesus why the fear?
Frankly to be honest with you I feel sorry for them. One of my closest friends who I shared the doctrines of Grace with, it took him over a year for him to change his mind about being an arminian. He is still a 4 pointer, struggling with limited atonement and loves to see how world events relate to scripture. I have tried to convincing not to form his hermeneutic based on world events even took him to Dr. Kim Riddlebarger class on Amill. What he has told me is that Israel came to existence for a reason and he seems more than convinced that God will use them for the whole premill scenario. It's just so weird for me that he sees things this way even besides being an extremely smart guy (he's an aerospace engineer).

WND poll

Is Barack Obama God's sovereign choice for America's next president? (2560 votes)

No, he was the establishment media's choice - they just think they're God 33% (856)

Yes, God is sovereign over everything - all things, whether we like them or not, work to his purpose and his glory 26% (678)

Yes, and if this doesn't make Americans repent of their many sins, God could give us someone even worse next time 10% (259)

No, Obama is rabidly pro-abortion and God hates abortion 6% (162)

No, Obama's victory was the result of millions of Americans exercising their free choice 6% (147)

Yes, and given his wealth-destroying economic philosophy, I fear his victory is evidence of God's displeasure with America 4% (111)

Yes, God is testing our patriotism to see if we'll prove worthy of the freedom he gave us - and for which so many made the ultimate sacrifice - by resisting Obama's tyrannical policies 3% (82)

Other 3% (79)

Yes, the Bible says all authority is from God 3% (69)

Yes, if by "God" you mean Allah 2% (42)

No, God controls the spiritual realm but leaves the social realm to people 1% (25)

No, there is no God 1% (18)

No, God has more important things to care about than who becomes our next president 1% (17)

Yes, God has raised up Obama to heal our land 0% (4)

Yes, he's the Messiah - God has to be on his side 0% (4)

Yes, otherwise it means Obama not only beat McCain, be beat the Almighty 0% (4)

No, God believes in separation of church and state 0% (2)

Yes, God hates war and killing - Obama opposed going into Iraq from the beginning and he will bring our troops home 0% (1)

Yes, it's such a long shot for a black man to be elected in racist America, it had to be a miracle 0% (0)

A quick Google images search showed . . .

* The "O" of Obama with devil horns

289713806v8_150x150_Back.jpg

I think the "O" stands for Oprah. We've all fallen into her trap by thinking Obama's the antichrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back