How many pastors are there here on PB who maintain a secular job (maybe businessman? manager?) and pastor a church at the same time? How are your experiences? To juggle workplace, ministry, wife, children at the same time?
I am also an accountant and work for a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and it is difficult sometimes with the work load that comes from the accounting work. The best way I find to juggle is to get up early for study time and leave work at work when I get home.
I quit my job over a year ago to have more time for ministry. I worked for myself for the last year & now I am transitioning to full time ministry.
In my case, I did not have enough time to devote to either endevour. So my time was spent in ministry. Without a few big orders last year I would not have been able to support my family, so the decision is a tough one.