World English Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you plug in your kindle, it should show the picture of the cable on the kindle. On the computer you should be able to open up a file explorer window and see your Kindle. It will look something like your C: drive and be labeled "Kindle". So on your computer you open it up just like a folder. There will be a folder called "Documents". Open that folder up and put the AZW3 file in it, then unplug your Kindle once it finishes copying. Wait a second and it should show up on the Kindle. See below (Kindle is F: drive in the photo).
Thanks so much Logan ! Worked like a charm.

Something else I've noticed, @Logan, that gives me confidence in this translation, or at least the work behind it:

There are six occurrences of the Greek term προορίζω, typically rendered "predestined," in the New Testament (Acts 4:28; Rom. 8:29, 30; 1 Cor. 2:7; Eph. 1:5, 11). Three of these occurrences refer to people (a part of the ordo salutis; Rom. 8:29, 30; Eph. 1:5), and the other three refer to historical events or non-personal entities (Acts 4:28; 1 Cor. 2:7; Eph. 1:11). While most modern translations render all six occurrences "predestine," the editor (or contributors) to the World English Bible seem to have enough theological acumen to differentiate predestination and foreordination, the former referring specifically to the ordo salutis, the former referring to God's providence in general. So the WEB renders the term "predestine" in Rom. 8:29, 30; and Eph. 1:5, and "foreordain: in Acts 4:28; 1 Cor. 2:7; and Eph. 1:11.

I found that interesting, anyway. It shows that at least the editor(s) is/are not being thoughtless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back