Writing a book

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611

Puritan Board Senior
This is directed mostly to those who have written books. I was just wondering what hints and tips you would give to those PBers who desire to write a book.
 
I am not a writer so much as an editor/researcher, but I do have to write. I have some experience putting books together. Tips on what aspects exactly?
 
I am not a writer so much as an editor/researcher, but I do have to write. I have some experience putting books together. Tips on what aspects exactly?

I am assuming that writing a book is different from writing an article so how one approaches that.

Also tips on finding a publisher.

Just general info.
 
I am not a writer so much as an editor/researcher, but I do have to write. I have some experience putting books together. Tips on what aspects exactly?

I am assuming that writing a book is different from writing an article so how one approaches that.

Also tips on finding a publisher.

Just general info.
I guess; it "is" longer sometimes.;) If you are starting out I would say self publish through something like lulu.com If it seems something that actually has a following and sales, then send one of the copies to publishers to see if they will pick it up.

One thing on book writing I would suggest, is decide all your conventions before you start. Also, plan your indexing at the start and do that as you go as well rather than after you finish writing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top