X-Men 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Puritan Board Freshman
I went to see it this past weekend. I thought it was an improvement over the second film, although still seemed to lack something. None of the X-men films have had a "fullness" to them like Batman Begins and Spiderman 1 and 2 do, in my opinion. Nightcrawler was taken out of this one; Colossus has more screen time, but still not enough considering his being one of the more prominent in the comic series. Angel is introduced, as is a more mature Kitty Pryde.
I thought Kelsey Grammer as Beast was well done. Some new Magneto henchmen are introduced as well.

Anyways, I wanted to mention that I got a tip previous to my viewing to stay after the credits. There is a very important scene. But I won't spoil it for you.

I give it a 3.5 to 4.0 out of 5.

I caught it ... i found i pretty disappointing actually.. the whole conflict just didn't seem epic as it was built up to be. Some of the characters also did seem a little lame.

Anyways, I wanted to mention that I got a tip previous to my viewing to stay after the credits. There is a very important scene. But I won't spoil it for you.

Ugh! If only i had know...

Thanks for the review, Allan -- I look forward to seeing it!
icon_xbooks.gif

I saw it last night. It was good, the best of the 3. Although, Juggernaut is not a mutant, is he? I thought he was a normal guy with a magic helmet.

Originally posted by Scott
I saw it last night. It was good, the best of the 3. Although, Juggernaut is not a mutant, is he? I thought he was a normal guy with a magic helmet.

From what I hear, the movie shows him as a mutant, but technically, I'm not sure that he qualifies as such:

Because of his association with the X-Men, Juggernaut is often mistakenly labeled a mutant. Juggernaut possessed the "X-Gene" at birth, but it was dormant until it was awakened by mysticism. Juggernaut traditionally possessed huge power, of mystical origin. He had tremendous physical strength, a total resistance to physical injury due to his mystic spell of invulnerability; an impenetrable force field that he could summon at will; and unlimited stamina. His spell also granted him unbreakable skin, therefore making his forcefield an added protection in case he did not wish for a certain attack to touch his physical body. Due to the mystical energies flowing through his body, he did not need to eat, breathe, or drink fluids. As a vessel of mystic energy, he also possessed many abstract powers that had yet to be fully revealed. Finally, while moving, he could, essentially, not be stopped, except in extreme cases such as when he fought the Incredible Hulk and the psychic being Onslaught. To compensate for his most significant vulnerability "” to telepathic assault "” he also wore a helmet of a mystical alloy, which prevented his mind from being read or attacked. -- Source

Just saw Xmen III. I would give it a 6 out of 10. Marvel could have done more with the plot. First movie was still the best out of all three.

Somebody u2u me.....

Can you u2u me what the end of credits scene was please. Maybe I saw it, I saw a last see that revealed something, but don't know if that's the one you are talking about. Thanks.

Thanks Scott....

Thanks for the info, I should have stuck around......I usually do. Next up.....Superman!:)

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Originally posted by Scott

From what I hear, the movie shows him as a mutant, but technically, I'm not sure that he qualifies as such:

Because of his association with the X-Men, Juggernaut is often mistakenly labeled a mutant. Juggernaut possessed the "X-Gene" at birth, but it was dormant until it was awakened by mysticism. Juggernaut traditionally possessed huge power, of mystical origin. He had tremendous physical strength, a total resistance to physical injury due to his mystic spell of invulnerability; an impenetrable force field that he could summon at will; and unlimited stamina. His spell also granted him unbreakable skin, therefore making his forcefield an added protection in case he did not wish for a certain attack to touch his physical body. Due to the mystical energies flowing through his body, he did not need to eat, breathe, or drink fluids. As a vessel of mystic energy, he also possessed many abstract powers that had yet to be fully revealed. Finally, while moving, he could, essentially, not be stopped, except in extreme cases such as when he fought the Incredible Hulk and the psychic being Onslaught. To compensate for his most significant vulnerability "” to telepathic assault "” he also wore a helmet of a mystical alloy, which prevented his mind from being read or attacked. -- Source
:lol: I think he is a mutant. He's got the X gene. It was dormant but he summoned it by his "powers". Oooooo....

My wife says I am a mutant. My powers are summoned very early in the morning and only last until I can hit the shower. She calls me the "Moaner." Apparently my moans and groans have been known to interupt the sleep of the entire household.

:bigsmile:

My mutant powers involve the use of digestive processes and methane.

[Edited on 6-6-2006 by SemperFideles]

Originally posted by SemperFideles

The Flatunator

Originally posted by puritansailor
Originally posted by SemperFideles

I have similar powers, but with stealth :cool:

The Rudeantor.

I just saw x3. I liked it. My opinion, x2 was better. I give it a 7-8. Didn't at all like Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix.

I saw it twice and liked it better the second time. Some thoughts...

-Cyclop is not dead. They never showed him dying so I say he is alive.

-Jean will return because her powers are THAT strong.

-The professor is alive (did you stay until after the credits?) and will help Jean this time.

-The cure is not permenant.

-With the HUGE box office draw this had there will be one more.

Originally posted by houseparent
I saw it twice and liked it better the second time. Some thoughts...

-Cyclop is not dead. They never showed him dying so I say he is alive.

-Jean will return because her powers are THAT strong.

-The professor is alive (did you stay until after the credits?) and will help Jean this time.

-The cure is not permenant.

-With the HUGE box office draw this had there will be one more.

I agree with all you say Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back