Yahoo Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformingstudent

Puritan Board Junior
Is it just me and my PC or is it just yahoo mail? It takes forever and a day to download my Yahoo mail. I have a Gmail account but had this one for a number of years. Lately though, it seems to be real slow when ever I go in there. Anyone else have problems with Y. Mail?

Tom, it's time to bury Yahoo mail. Gmail is the only way to email.

:lol:

Any one ever use Hotmail anymore? Think Hotmail has gone the way of the Dinosaur. Yahoo! Mail is right behind it. :lol:

Yeah, I use hotmail whenever I have to give an email address on some webform that I think is going to spam me. I haven't checked my mail in that account in about 6 months. I just saw that there were thousands of messages. Heh.

Any one ever use Hotmail anymore? Think Hotmail has gone the way of the Dinosaur. Yahoo! Mail is right behind it. :lol:

Yeah, I use hotmail whenever I have to give an email address on some webform that I think is going to spam me. I haven't checked my mail in that account in about 6 months. I just saw that there were thousands of messages. Heh.

:judge:
What a great idea! I have hundreds of e-spam come to me every week, :wow:...if only I had thought to use a different address!:lol:

:ditto:

Though I use my hotmail for that Gmail does have an excellent spam filter. If someone is into using email client programs, I recommend Thunderbird. It has an evolving junk mail filter. The more you tell it what is junk, the better it gets at filtering it out.

I use GMail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.

Have no problems with any of them. Yahoo is used for personal mail. GMail is used for professional mail...don't use Hotmail much anymore (had a MSN account at one time).

I use gmail, livemail and yahoo - all working just fine.

With windows live mail you can consolidate all your email accounts in one place, gmail, hotmail, livemail all come to the same place, really nice. Windows Live Mail

Although windows live mail has a look like MS Outlook, it is web-based, so you do not have a bunch of emails piling up on your hard drive.

Last edited:
Is it just me and my PC or is it just yahoo mail? It takes forever and a day to download my Yahoo mail. I have a Gmail account but had this one for a number of years. Lately though, it seems to be real slow when ever I go in there. Anyone else have problems with Y. Mail?

I agree that Gmail is the way to go, but I use Y Mail as sort of a "junk" account, and it is also useful for following Yahoo Groups in the digest format. (In Y Mail it has a link to each post, making it much easier to reply, I haven't the digest messages have this functionality when I have it sent to other addresses.)

I have been having big problems with Y Mail for months, especially in Firefox. I think it may be the chat application causing the problems. Regardless, probably close to 2/3 of the time it causes FF to freeze and I have to end the application. When I use IE sometimes it never loads at all and I have to switch to Y Mail Classic to access my messages. I recently downloaded Opera 9.5 and it works fine there, however.

Inbox.com is pretty good too, although the conversation feature isn't quite as good as Gmail's. I would rate it #2 behind Gmail.

:ditto:

Though I use my hotmail for that Gmail does have an excellent spam filter. If someone is into using email client programs, I recommend Thunderbird. It has an evolving junk mail filter. The more you tell it what is junk, the better it gets at filtering it out.

I have practically tried them all except for Hotmail and agree that Gmail's spam filtering is head and shoulders above the rest. It filters out almost all spam and perhaps more importantly it very rarely wrongly identifies legit messages as spam.

I think the "new" Yahoo Mail was a great improvement over "mail classic," which had gotten very outdated. Being able to chat on the same page without having to download the intrusive Y msgr was a great improvement, and the integrated RSS feature is pretty good too.

One other issue though is that when replying to messages I've found that it rarely sets off the old message the way it should, so that you are forced to use a different color, etc. to distinguish the response from the original message. If the recipient is plain text only, of course this doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back