2026 PB Pick'em Week 0 ** Kick-off is 11am CDT, SATURDAY **

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
… and we're off ! Week ZERO of the 2026 PB Pick’em is upon us.

Please bear in mind that the point of having a “week zero” is to take advantage of the fact that NCAA spreads “Week 1” out over two weeks, and I want to exploit that fact to give us maximum number of opportunities to have a weekly winner! You’re welcome! LOL

There are few FBS games this week, so I’ve included all of them AND I’ve added enough FCS games to give us a full 15-game slate! LOL I’m a maniac! Rather than grumble about a weak or insane slate… Let’s consider this an opportunity to prime the pump for the rest of the season. :coffee:

And remember, the first few weeks of the season are always interesting because the teams are largely untested… so the initial rankings often prove remarkably premature… thus the prognostications are frequently wildly incorrect: Sometimes expected blowouts end up being quite close whereas anticipated close matchups wind up being entirely one-sided… But that’s football!

Anyway, this “zero” week we have a handful of good games to kick things off – well, they’re matchups at least… hopefully they’re good ones! Have fun!

Please note that the tie-breaker for Week 0 is the Memphis @ UNLV game. It is later than I would prefer, but I point out that though the posted start time is CDT, the game is actually being played in Pacific time, so it will be over well before the commencement of the Lord's Day in the location in which the game is played. But I will not make a habit of including such late games since most of us will have to head to bed prior to the conclusion of the game.

Saturday Games, 29 Aug (all times CDT)
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis @ UNLV (9:00pm)
 
TCU
Butler
USC
UC Davis
Alabama State
Virginia
Northern Arizona
North Dakota State
East Tennessee State
Morgan State
South Carolina State
Eastern Michigan
Stanford
Florida State

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis 32 @ UNLV 35
 
TCU (11:00am)
Butler (12:00pm)
#14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis (2:00pm)
Southern (2:00pm)
NC State (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington (4:00pm)
North Dakota State (4:30pm)
East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State (5:00pm)
Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Stanford (6:00pm)
Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
UNLV (9:00pm) 28-17
 
Last year, I went 100% AI-picks. That didn't work out so great. This year, I'm picking with 0% AI. I'm not even doing any research. Just picking the old-fashioned way: the team I hate least.

North Carolina
Georgetown (KY)
USC
Portland State
Alabama State
NC State
Northern Arizona
Jacksonville State
Campbell
Morgan State
South Carolina State
Eastern Michigan
Stanford
Florida State

Tiebreaker
Memphis 31, UNLV 28
 
Last year, I went 100% AI-picks. That didn't work out so great. This year, I'm picking with 0% AI. I'm not even doing any research. Just picking the old-fashioned way: the team I hate least.

North Carolina
Georgetown (KY)
USC
Portland State
Alabama State
NC State
Northern Arizona
Jacksonville State
Campbell
Morgan State
South Carolina State
Eastern Michigan
Stanford
Florida State

Tiebreaker
Memphis 31, UNLV 28
I’m proud of you. Yeah I think using AI to have it make your picks, while permissible, definitely undermines the fun of this. Definitely do it the old fashioned way!
 
… and we're off ! Week ZERO of the 2026 PB Pick’em is upon us.

Please bear in mind that the point of having a “week zero” is to take advantage of the fact that NCAA spreads “Week 1” out over two weeks, and I want to exploit that fact to give us maximum number of opportunities to have a weekly winner! You’re welcome! LOL

There are few FBS games this week, so I’ve included all of them AND I’ve added enough FCS games to give us a full 15-game slate! LOL I’m a maniac! Rather than grumble about a weak or insane slate… Let’s consider this an opportunity to prime the pump for the rest of the season. :coffee:

And remember, the first few weeks of the season are always interesting because the teams are largely untested… so the initial rankings often prove remarkably premature… thus the prognostications are frequently wildly incorrect: Sometimes expected blowouts end up being quite close whereas anticipated close matchups wind up being entirely one-sided… But that’s football!

Anyway, this “zero” week we have a handful of good games to kick things off – well, they’re matchups at least… hopefully they’re good ones! Have fun!

Please note that the tie-breaker for Week 0 is the Memphis @ UNLV game. It is later than I would prefer, but I point out that though the posted start time is CDT, the game is actually being played in Pacific time, so it will be over well before the commencement of the Lord's Day in the location in which the game is played. But I will not make a habit of including such late games since most of us will have to head to bed prior to the conclusion of the game.

Saturday Games, 29 Aug (all times CDT)
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis @ UNLV (9:00pm)
TCU
Georgetown
USC
UC Davis
Alabama St.
NC State
EWU
ND State
East Tennessee State
NC A&T
Savannah State
EMU
Stanford
Florida State
UNLV 33-26
 
I’m proud of you. Yeah I think using AI to have it make your picks, while permissible, definitely undermines the fun of this. Definitely do it the old fashioned way!
As much as I use AI, I never even thought of using it for picking my games. When I lose it’s all me.
 
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis @ UNLV (9:00pm) 24-30
 
All right... MY bold picks for the WEEK 0 CONTEST:

TCU
Georgetown (KY)
USC
UC Davis
Alabama State
Virginia
Eastern Washington
Jacksonville State
East Tennessee State
North Carolina A&T
South Carolina State
Eastern Michigan
Hawaii
New Mexico State

Tiebreaker
Memphis 28-24
 
North Carolina @ TCU
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler
San Jose State @ #14 USC
UC Davis @ Portland State
Southern @ Alabama State
NC State @ Virginia
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State
Campbell @ East Tennessee State
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T
Savannah State @ South Carolina State
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan
Hawaii @ Stanford
New Mexico State @ Florida State

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis 31-24
 
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm) :stirpot::stirpot:
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis @ UNLV 24-31(9:00pm)
 
Highly scientific conclusions based upon home field advantage and whether or not I had actually heard of these teams before.

TCU (11:00am)
Butler (12:00pm)
USC (2:00pm)
Portland State (2:00pm)
Alabama State (2:00pm)
Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington
North Dakota State (4:30pm)
East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State (5:00 p.m.)
Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Stanford (6:00pm)
Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score) UNLV 20-17
 
Last edited:
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Memphis @ UNLV (9:00pm) 27-23
 
Highly scientific conclusions based upon home field advantage and whether or not I had actually heard of these teams before.

TCU (11:00am)
Butler (12:00pm)
USC (2:00pm)
Portland State (2:00pm)
Alabama State (2:00pm)
Virginia (2:30pm)
Stanford (4:00pm)
North Dakota State (4:30pm)
East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State (5:00 p.m.)
Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Stanford (6:00pm)
Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score) UNLV 20-17
Glad you're with us, Jean! So... it looks like you REALLY had Stanford on the brain... you listed them TWICE. :) Unfortunately the 4pm game slot is Eastern Washington vs. Northern Arizona... You may want to correct your entry to submit a pick for the game. :D
 
Glad you're with us, Jean! So... it looks like you REALLY had Stanford on the brain... you listed them TWICE. :) Unfortunately the 4pm game slot is Eastern Washington vs. Northern Arizona... You may want to correct your entry to submit a pick for the game. :D
Thanks. Eastern Washington it is. (Edited my original.) I gotta get back out there -- gorgeous country, but I have no idea how their O-line looks this year, or last year, or ....
 
Saturday Games, 29 Aug (all times CDT)
North Carolina @ TCU (11:00am)
Georgetown (KY) @ Butler (12:00pm)
San Jose State @ #14 USC (2:00pm)
UC Davis @ Portland State (2:00pm)
Southern @ Alabama State (2:00pm)
NC State @ Virginia (2:30pm)
Eastern Washington @ Northern Arizona (4:00pm)
Jacksonville State @ North Dakota State (4:30pm)
Campbell @ East Tennessee State (4:30pm)
Morgan State @ North Carolina A&T (5:00pm)
Savannah State @ South Carolina State (5:00pm)
Sacramento State @ Eastern Michigan (5:30pm)
Hawaii @ Stanford (6:00pm)
New Mexico State @ Florida State (6:00pm)

Tiebreaker (winner and score)
Memphis
@ UNLV (9:00pm) (33-30)
 
Last edited:
Kick-off for our Week 0 slate of games is about 13 hours from now... so consider this your last call to submit picks!

If you've never participated before - we'd love to have you join us... I promise we don't bite! Or maybe you've participated in the past, but it's been a hot minute... don't worry... jump on in! The water's fine!
 
Kick-off for our Week 0 slate of games is about 13 hours from now... so consider this your last call to submit picks!

If you've never participated before - we'd love to have you join us... I promise we don't bite! Or maybe you've participated in the past, but it's been a hot minute... don't worry... jump on in! The water's fine!

Are you and I ok? I think this is literally the first time you have not liked my submitted picks ever. DONT YOU LIKE ME ANYMORE???

Hahahah just kidding! :P

I am just pointing out that I made them so don't miss them. After all, you don't want to miss out on the very real chance of showing my results at the bottom of the pile hahaha
 
We're underway! The 2026 College Football PB Pick'em has officially BEGUN!

For those who have joined us for the inaugural week of this year's competition... THANK YOU! And may the best prognosticator win!
 
Wow!! I love it that the FIRST SLATED GAME OF OUR SEASON was a good game AND it resulted in an upset! Only a couple of you guessed that North Carolina would prevail over TCU!
 
Starting off my season with a loss. At least Butler came through for me. Now if USC can hold on...
 
TCU
Georgetown
USC
UC Davis
Alabama St.
NC State
EWU
ND State
East Tennessee State
NC A&T
Savannah State
EMU
Stanford
Florida State
UNLV 33-26
Wins:

USC
EMU
FSU
Stanford
UC Davis
Alabama State
ND State

UNLV/Memphis tied at 7. Eight wins max this week. Yep, picking up right where I left off last season.
 
Wow!! I love it that the FIRST SLATED GAME OF OUR SEASON was a good game AND it resulted in an upset! Only a couple of you guessed that North Carolina would prevail over TCU!
I didn’t know it was played in Ireland. I thought it was a home game, but there are no excuses.
 
Happy Monday, folks! Week 0 is in the books and it was a fun teaser, it was also an eye-opening reminder to me about how times have changed, so I've made an adjustment to my process.

For those who are new to the PB Pick'em, we welcome you enthusiastically and encourage you to stick with it and you’ll find that your powers of prognostication will grow as the season develops. And when or if any of our participants may be tempted to despair of winning even a single a week… remember: Two years ago I failed miserably week after week until the very last week of regular season play. Never give up!

As for our Week 0 winner… It was a close contest, but ultimately Edward made a misstep by picking UNLV in the tie-breaker game, thus enabling Todd to tie him - and per our rules: Todd emerges victorious by virtue of correctly picking the tie-breaker game.

Todd is our winner this week, and the first recipient of the highly coveted Flaming Scotsman award this season. In addition to securing his place in the Bowl Bash later this year, he thus takes his place as the first inductee on the 2026 PB Pick’em Wall of Honor. Congrats!

Here's how we all did:

Todd - 12 :flamingscot:
Edward - 12
Rick, Andrew - 11
Brad - 10
OI - 9
Jeff, Jean - 8
EdM, Willis, Me - 7

2026 PB Pick'em Wall of Honor

Todd -
:flamingscot:​
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top