BobVigneault
Bawberator
I wish to start a thread on Adoption Information.
The goal is to share info on adopting without having to pay tons of money. My wife and I have begun the process and we are being mentored by her brother and his wife who have adopted and homeschooled 4 beautiful girls.
Unfortunately, I am the dumb one here, my wife is consuming books and websites and knows so much already. I may have to get her to join the PB.
More info to follow as I get it organized. Feel free to add helpful information.
By adopting children with special needs money is actually paid to the adopting parents. The more needs, the more money. Special needs would be anything from social disorders such as attachment disorder, addhd to physical disabilities. In the initial paperwork you fill out criteria for the children you would consider or not.
Multiple siblings is a special need, being in a minority group is regarded a special need. (No, calvinists are not considered a minority.)
My inlaws have a daughter who is black, has attachment disorder and addhd, they receive over 1000 dollars a month for her.
The state can distribute money to make sure these children get opportunities to develop or the state can lay out the money later to warehouse them is prison.
Try checking with you county's Dept. of Human Services.
Here is a cool website:
http://www.adoptuskids.org
[Edited on 14-1-2005 by maxdetail]
The goal is to share info on adopting without having to pay tons of money. My wife and I have begun the process and we are being mentored by her brother and his wife who have adopted and homeschooled 4 beautiful girls.
Unfortunately, I am the dumb one here, my wife is consuming books and websites and knows so much already. I may have to get her to join the PB.
More info to follow as I get it organized. Feel free to add helpful information.
By adopting children with special needs money is actually paid to the adopting parents. The more needs, the more money. Special needs would be anything from social disorders such as attachment disorder, addhd to physical disabilities. In the initial paperwork you fill out criteria for the children you would consider or not.
Multiple siblings is a special need, being in a minority group is regarded a special need. (No, calvinists are not considered a minority.)
My inlaws have a daughter who is black, has attachment disorder and addhd, they receive over 1000 dollars a month for her.
The state can distribute money to make sure these children get opportunities to develop or the state can lay out the money later to warehouse them is prison.
Try checking with you county's Dept. of Human Services.
Here is a cool website:
http://www.adoptuskids.org
[Edited on 14-1-2005 by maxdetail]