Am I bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_grace

Puritan Board Freshman
I live on a farm in the mountains and because it's hot here at the moment there are a lot of flies about, ( 'la mouche' in French ) and because my bedroom window is open all the time day and night the flies come in and annoy you buzzing around your ears and nose etc and at night try to suck you dry of all your blood and leaving irritating bumps that you just have to scratch and make things worse.

So today I bought this thing that you hang from the ceiling, the flies love it but get a jolt of 5000 volts when they admire the nice neon light too much.

The thing is I rather enjoy hearing it's doing it's job every few minutes....sizzle, smell the justice thing...

Am I bad and do I need to repent ;)

No, David....you don't have to repent.

As a "son of Adam" you are simply taking "dominion" over the animals (creeping/flying things) as is your vocational-stewardship responsibility!

:2cents: :bigsmile:

Robin

Originally posted by Robin

As a "son of Adam" you are simply taking "dominion" over the animals (creeping/flying things) as is your vocational-stewardship responsibility!

Robin

Sure you left all of your reconstruction roots behind?:lol:

I know...I know...I'm sure Vos says that somehwere in his Biblical Theology...:p

Originally posted by crhoades

Robin

Sure you left all of your reconstruction roots behind?:lol:

I know...I know...I'm sure Vos says that somehwere in his Biblical Theology...:p

Robin, you theonomist you:p

I don't think so . . . at least, I don't want to think that you're being bad, because I'd be feeling the same way (I enjoy killing mosquitoes . . . ) :)

Originally posted by Puddleglum
I don't think so . . . at least, I don't want to think that you're being bad, because I'd be feeling the same way (I enjoy killing mosquitoes . . . ) :)
Are you one of those people that attract mosquitos onto your arm, and flex till their bellies start to bulge? That was so cool back in the day! Then squish 'em!

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I wonder if pests such as flies and mosquitoes were made on the 6th day or if they are part of the curse inflicted upon mankind upon Adam's fall?

Originally posted by Peter
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I wonder if pests such as flies and mosquitoes were made on the 6th day or if they are part of the curse inflicted upon mankind upon Adam's fall?

Genesis 1:25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

This probably includes all insects...who knows? Maybe mosquitos didn't fly around to vex mankind before the Fall? Probably not...but, we DO know this for certain:

v.28 ...God said to them, "... fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over .... every living thing that moves on the earth."

Man was made a Ruler over all creatures upon the earth - and this sense of Dominion still stands today; man is to kill those pesky varmits if need be -- in glorious fulfillment of our calling!

:banana:

R.

(Professor Vos would be proud...)

[Edited on 7-2-2005 by Robin]

Man was made a Ruler over all creatures upon the earth - and this sense of Dominion still stands today; man is to kill those pesky varmits if need be -- in glorious fulfillment of our calling!

R.

So, you are telling me that I can dedicate my Dominon Theology book to you? Aww, thanks

Originally posted by Peter

I just watched the new batman movie the other day....

there are certain animals whose appearance is inherently off putting or scary to the majority of people...bats, worms, catterpillars, spiders, scorpions, cockroaches, etc.

I mean, if u fall alseep with a chocolate bar in bed and wake up covered with ants, you'll probably be just annoyed...try the same thing with cockroaches and i think quite a lot of people would freak...i certainly would.

Do you guys think this is another part of the curse?

It's a failure to manage on our part...roaches belong on the forest floor eating detritus like God made them to do...not in our houses! Believe me, a roach looks much better in its natural habitat, which isn't my kitchen floor!

Originally posted by Draught Horse

R.

So, you are telling me that I can dedicate my Dominon Theology book to you? Aww, thanks

J,

I'd be honored, my friend! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back