Animals killing people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the whale needs to go to bye bye land. However, God did not intend for His whales to be put in a swimming pool to entertain Americans. We shouldn't even be taking them out of their natural habit for our entertainment. If they could assist us in our work somehow, then so be it. But wild animals have homes which God gave to them and they should be left there. They fulfill their duties to God and man by allowing them to live where God intended for them to live. Mankind however has always wanted to go against what is natural or what God intended. All animals have a nature to kill. Our bull had that nature but we managed him bc we needed him for our livelihood and not for entertainment. There is no reason to put human life at risk for the entertainment of the masses....it's just wrong. Send the whales home. ;)

If we have dominion over the earth and it's creatures, we can do whatever we want with them, within the bounds of Biblical law. And those laws prevent cruelty, like regular weekly rest on the Sabbath, not restricting feed while working, etc...I can enjoy fish in my big tank, tarantulas from South America, my pet boa constrictor and seaworld mammals without having a guilty conscience. And I can think it's pretty cool that the South African navy took out a couple Soviet military transports using trained dolphins in Luanda harbor :)

My wife breeds show rabbits. She will not tolerate any rabbit that repeatedly bites. She will not breed that rabbit as it's offspring will most likely bite as well. Aggressive tendinces are genetic. If it is a really good show rabbit and wins often, she may keep it and show it, if the bitting is moderate, but she has put down any that are especially aggressive. I understand that this isn't the same as an animal killing a human, but the point is that this tendency is genetic........they should not be bred.

Yeah the whale needs to go to bye bye land. However, God did not intend for His whales to be put in a swimming pool to entertain Americans. We shouldn't even be taking them out of their natural habit for our entertainment. If they could assist us in our work somehow, then so be it. But wild animals have homes which God gave to them and they should be left there. They fulfill their duties to God and man by allowing them to live where God intended for them to live. Mankind however has always wanted to go against what is natural or what God intended. All animals have a nature to kill. Our bull had that nature but we managed him bc we needed him for our livelihood and not for entertainment. There is no reason to put human life at risk for the entertainment of the masses....it's just wrong. Send the whales home. ;)
Wow! This MUST be an important subject to have brought Sarah out of hiding! Welcome back, sis!

The animal should have been "put down" the first time it killed a man. Not because the animal is anything but a dumb animal, has a "liking" for human flesh, or even because of "Moses' Law" per se. But because of what has been stated several times now: the image of God is to be recognized and acknowledged by US; by we, the living human population. Send the beast to God, as is fitting; and if he has an afterlife for animals, great. That's his business.

That is WHY that law mentioned was instantiated in the Israelite code. That IS the "general equity" of the precept.

Perhaps off the point a bit, but isn't it particularly humanist of the Sea World folks to think that a wild "killer" animal can be trained by them to be as harmless enough to dive on into the pool with it and go for a refreshing swim? Animals do as animals do. And a bit like other animal spectacles, isn't part of the Killer Whale Frolic show the risk (but we won't talk about it above a whisper) that someone MIGHT get hurt? Oh gee, look at that little person in the wetsuit standing on the nose of the killer whale! Sadly the whole concept seems bad, both in the eyes of the trainers/producers and the audience. Anyone care to guess what the Sea World Killer Whale show revenues might be over the next 6 months?

Wild animals are wild, but oxen start out wild, and are domesticated. Their natural environment is different than what we put them into ... just like the orca. In I totally agree with those that have said the animal should have been killed the first time around.

From the passage TimV cited, the second time around, the owner of the animal should also have faced the death penalty as well. If a dog is known to attack, and it then kills someone, the owner of the dog should be subject to death because they did not destroy the violent dog after the first attack. My Dad always said that if our dog ever bit anyone once, it would be put down. You don't allow an animal to attack the image of God and live ... no matter what the animal, no matter wild or domestic.

I agree that Tilikum should have been put down after the first death, but come on, strike three and he should for sure be put down. There's a reason why they're called "Killer Whales".

The strange logic of naturalistic ethics goes something like this:

1. Whatever your DNA inclines you toward is normal and good
2. The genes of a Killer Whale incline it toward killing another animal
3. Killing another animal is good

A woman is an animal...

I think that the correct passage regarding this is in Genesis 9:5-6, God's covenant with Noah:

"And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image."

If this law had been obeyed, two lives may have been saved.

The strange logic of naturalistic ethics goes something like this:

1. Whatever your DNA inclines you toward is normal and good
2. The genes of a Killer Whale incline it toward killing another animal
3. Killing another animal is good

A woman is an animal...

Yikes!!!

Sorry if I alarmed anyone. I'm speaking as a naturalist would reason. After all, are we not told that some people are pre-disposed toward certain behavior and it is therefore normal. Whatever is, ought to be the case according to this fallacious reasoning.

I obviously don't believe women are mere animals any more than I believe a man is.

I dont think a killer whale should be kept in captivity. It is a stressful enviornment for these animals. Let them go and dont capture anymore for these shows. The animal will be happier in its natural habitat and no one else will die. Case solved.

Sorry if I alarmed anyone.

But if your wife said that you were an animal, the rest of us would assume it was a complement. I guess it's one of those gender things.

:lol:
Sorry if I alarmed anyone. I'm speaking as a naturalist would reason. After all, are we not told that some people are pre-disposed toward certain behavior and it is therefore normal. Whatever is, ought to be the case according to this fallacious reasoning.

I obviously don't believe women are mere animals any more than I believe a man is.

What do you mean? I thought all men were animals. :lol:

Seriously, I knew what you were trying to say. I was remarking at where wrong thinking will lead.

Romans 1:22-25

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:22-25

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Yep. That is why I mentioned Darwinism earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back