Another headcovering question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
My wife is not convinced of the headcovering issue just yet, but is willing to wear one if we were to attend a church that believed in headcovering. Out of respect kind of thing. She asked me something the other day that I have no answer for so I will ask you guys.

What kind of headcovering is appropriate and where do you get one?
 
There are lots of different head coverings. Some people wear hats or scarves that are readily available at local stores. Personally I think those are the least conspicuous. There are lots of traditional headcovers available on the internet as well.
 
My wife made a couple of her own that are akin to scarves. She also has a couple hats. The only other lady at our church who believes in headcoverings wears a hat.
 
Garlandsofgrace dot com has some pretty ones. I also use a shop on Etsy dot com, but I can't remember the name. Putting "headcovering" in the search should work, though.
 
I wear normal hats and berets. I believe that the demand of the covering is not cultural but the type of covering can be. So in our culture a hat is fine as a covering. Just get that 'sign' of power on your head. :pilgrim:
 
My wife is not convinced of the headcovering issue just yet, but is willing to wear one if we were to attend a church that believed in headcovering. Out of respect kind of thing.

Boliver - Just a question... are you saying that while your wife won't wear a headcovering now, out of respect to you, she would wear one in the future out of respect for the practices of a particular congregation?
 
I am saying that my wife and I are working through the issue and neither of us have made a definitive decision one way or the other, but if we were to visit a church that practiced headcovering, my wife has no problem in wearing one out of respect for the congregation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top