Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Pilgrim. I like that link you provided. Lots of good avatars there. Hmmm, what is my mood today?

We need John Cotton

180px-JohnCotton.jpg

How about Schuller?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forgot about Bobo. Yeah, out here in California he is the poster boy for Reformed theology. Sure am glad I'm just a confessional baptist! :lol: (His son and I were in seminary together but didn't know him.)

If he is reformed, I am jumping ship. Are you serious Dennis? People actually call him reformed? Even though I am part of the RCA, I have been rebuked for insisting to our General Synod to break ties the the Schullerites.

His son is too slick for me to even look at.

I agree, brother.

Dagg looks like he could eat Finney for breakfast. Evidently Presbyterians are not the only ones who look intimidating.

Dagg looks like he could eat Finney for breakfast. Evidently Presbyterians are not the only ones who look intimidating.

:rofl:

I have always thought that Dagg looked like someone you might meet at the OK Corral or in Freud's idea of a last judgment.

How about Schuller?

:eek: That is about as bad as an avatar of Benedict XV. :barfy:
Here's Benedict XVI -- to compare with Schuller, using the "International Creepiness Scale."

(Pretty much of a toss-up, if you ask me... :cool: :think:)

This is the virtually the only picture I could find of (the former) Josef Cardinal Ratzinger that didn't contain a violation of the 2nd Commandment. (At least, not one that I can see...)

Margaret

How about Schuller?

:eek: That is about as bad as an avatar of Benedict XV. :barfy:
Here's Benedict XVI -- to compare with Schuller, using the "International Creepiness Scale."

(Pretty much of a toss-up, if you ask me... :cool: :think:)

This is the virtually the only picture I could find of (the former) Josef Cardinal Ratzinger that didn't contain a violation of the 2nd Commandment. (At least, not one that I can see...)

Margaret

I agree, sister. They both give me the creeps :eek:

Okay...excuse my ignorance...who is this gentleman?

This is GI Williamson. However, he has often been accused of being Daniel Ritchie. Why? Because I use him as my avatar on my blog, so that when I comment on a Wordpress blog his picture comes up. The folks at Magherafelt Reformed Baptist Church (Northern Ireland) actually believed I was a 55 year old man because of the picture beside my comments on their pastor's blog (the strange thing is, that GI is about 85, while I am 26). :eek:

This is GI Williamson. However, he has often been accused of being Daniel Ritchie. Why? Because I use him as my avatar on my blog, so that when I comment on a Wordpress blog his picture comes up. The folks at Magherafelt Reformed Baptist Church (Northern Ireland) actually believed I was a 55 year old man because of the picture beside my comments on their pastor's blog (the strange thing is, that GI is about 85, while I am 26). :eek:

Brother, perhaps it would be helpful for us to see an avatar or photo of the real Daniel Ritchie, so that the mystery can be put to rest. :lol:

Brother, perhaps it would be helpful for us to see an avatar or photo of the real Daniel Ritchie, so that the mystery can be put to rest. :lol:

Check the archives of the Photo Albums.

:lol:

I meant it as G.I. Williamson. I had no idea you had connections to the pic.

Randy thanks for the photos....it took me a while to get back to this thread, and your work is greatly appreciated.

ps. Hope you are doing/recovering well.

I thought the picture of B.H. Carrol WAS Randy.

Glad you're back and mending brother Randy. I continue to pray for you dear one.

I wish there was a picture of Robert Cushman...anywhere, whether an avatar or not. As the individual to preach the first sermon on American soil, i would love to use his avatar...or should i say the first to exhort since he was a Deacon :think:

Some other Baptist avatar suggestions, these being instrumental in inaugurating the modern missionary movement:

Andrew Fuller
William Carey
Adoniram Judson (my current avatar)
Luther Rice

Other suggestions:

Thomas Watson (should probably be the next avatar added)
Thomas Goodwin
Various other Puritans, since it is the Puritan Board after all.

George Whitefield (can't believe we don't already have one)
Thomas Chalmers
Robert Murray M'Cheyne
Samuel Miller
James Henley Thornwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back