Baptist Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I know some people from Providence through various message boards.

If I recall correctly, they were formed about a year ago out of another church (FBC Murphy) when a handful of folks (deacons) tried to seize power because they disagreed with the Reformed preaching. They got their power, but lost almost the entire congregation, as most everyone left to form Providence.

Good folks, and a good, thriving congregation.

Richard - it is heart warming to know that there are good Baptist churches in America, especially in the S.B.C. My church is not S.B.C. but I pray the convention bows to the pressure of the Founders Movement. May God use it for His glory.

Richard - it is heart warming to know that there are good Baptist churches in America, especially in the S.B.C. My church is not S.B.C. but I pray the convention bows to the pressure of the Founders Movement. May God use it for His glory.

Not being SBC, and being out here in Warrenland, perhaps you could explain the Founder's Movement for me. I have heard of it and am aware of some websites but that is about it. How big is it? What's the message? What does it have to do with SBC?

Not being SBC, and being out here in Warrenland, perhaps you could explain the Founder's Movement for me. I have heard of it and am aware of some websites but that is about it. How big is it? What's the message? What does it have to do with SBC?

I have heard estimates that about 10% of the SBC is headed that direction.

The Founders Movement is a group of SBC churches that seek to return the SBC back to its historic, Calvinist roots. They say of themselves:

The purpose of Founders Ministries is the recovery of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in the reformation of local churches. We believe intrinsic to this recovery is the promotion of the Doctrines of Grace in their experiential application to the local church particularly in the areas of worship and witness. This is to be accomplished through a variety of means focusing on conferences and including publication, education, pastoral training and other opportunities consistent with the purpose. Each of the ministries will be developed with special attention to achieve a healthy integration of doctrine and devotion.

One of the most prominent members of the Founders Movement is Mark Dever, Pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church and the director of 9 Marks Ministries. Here is list of churches: Founders Movement Churches

The Founders Movement is a group of SBC churches that seek to return the SBC back to its historic, Calvinist roots. They say of themselves:

One of the most prominent members of the Founders Movement is Mark Dever, Pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church and the director of 9 Marks Ministries. Here is list of churches: Founders Movement Churches

While we are not SBC, our church is listed with them. We had a visitor last night because of this listing.

Wilderness Road Baptist Assembly
Comfort Inn - Conference Room
4424 Cleburne Blvd
Dublin, VA 24084
Phone:
Church affiliation: Independent
Church confession: 1st London Baptist Confession (1644/1646)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back