Baseball Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
My wife and I moved this last weekend, and during the move, my old collection of baseball cards was unearthed. I had a couple of folks comment on Ebaying them. Then I read the Baseball 2006 thread here on PB and got to wondering: who else out there has shoeboxes of baseball cards stored away in closets and attics? What are some of the "highlights" of your collection?

Personally, when I was younger, I was a huge Mark McGwire fan and have a LOT of his cards. I've also got an autographed Willie Mays baseball.

I've long since stopped collecting, but finding all my cards again made me wonder who else was once a baseball card collector.

I used to be a long time ago and I think they may be in my mothers attick. No idea what the best cards would be. I do have a Joe Namath rookie football card though.

I am an on again off again collector. At one point I would buy them whenever I could. Well, it was easy then because I could get 400 cards for $4 but since then that store is out of business. Anyways, I have around 8,000 cards stored in 3 boxes in the corner of my room. This summer, hopefully, I can finish alphabitizing them by last name.

I have a couple of collector sets of Mark McGwire.

Anyone in the mood to sell some cards. ;)
I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. But that is dependent upon some things. Just throwing it out there as an idea. :bigsmile:

[Edited on 1-7-2006 by rmhainlen]

sastark;

When we were kids my younger brother used to collect baseball and football cards, my brother would earn the money and buy them himself in the bubblegum packages...my dad got mad at him one day for something stupid, and threw every single one of them in the garbage.

Fast forward 20+ years: my dad is remarried has another son, and spending $100's and $1000's of dollars trying to locate cards HE threw out in a tangent that day...

When my daughter was in the hospital one weekend a gentleman came into her room and have her bags of baseball, hockey, basketball, and football cards. We have no idea which ones she has, or if they are worth anything, but she keeps them...

I have come Kenny Caminetti cards...not worth much to my knowledge, but I keep them only because I went to Jr. High School with him...

Baseball cards????

Are they like Hockey cards only with pictures of Baseball players on them?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back