Berkouwer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddpedlar

Iron Dramatist
I'm making room for books in my bookshelves, and am looking for books to sell; I came across a couple volumes from Berkouwer, and am wondering - should I offload them? Are they worth holding onto? I know I'm ditching things like Brunner, but don't know enough about Berkouwer's writing to know whether I ought to keep it. Skimming over the two books they seem better than many, but I haven't looked at anything in-depth.

The books in question are "The Providence of God" and "Man: The Image of God"...

Any help?

Todd
 
Joel Beeke, A Reader's Guide to Reformed Literature: An Annotated Bibliography of Reformed Literature, p. 29:

Two twentieth-century monographs on providence are noteworthy: Gerrit C. Berkouwer, The Providence of God, translated by Lewis B. Smedes (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1952), asks thought-provoking questions about providence in relation to knowledge, sustenance, government, concurrence, history, miracles, and theodicy. Benjamin B. Farley, The Providence of God (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1988) is the best study of the development of the doctrine of providence throughout history from a Reformed perspective.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top