Bible-Reading Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year I'll try Theogenes's system with the New Living Translation.

I've started recently going through the Pentateuch (at the least) starting with Exodus 20. My reasoning for starting there is that I am more familiar with the narratives leading up to that point than the laws after. I am not really intending to stay at a certain pace or to get through so much, so much as I am going to try to read for understanding and spend some time by Morning and Evening daily (Lord willing) in the text sequentially. I'm using mainly my hardcopies of the Authorised Version and the Matthew Henry Complete Commentary, with some references to the YLT and Calvin.

Same program. 3 to 5 yrs per read through. Write down thoughts on verses, compare with Gill, Calvin, & Henry. Write down differences and areas where my understanding is wrong, improved, or gtg (good to go). This year will be doing it with the TBS Westminster Study Bible. Alas the reinforced spine of my Cambridge Bible is failing. Sections are starting to fall out. :(

I just purchased a TBS Westminster Bible and I'm wondering if you guys could suggest a minimum 4 chapter reading plan, a minimum of one chapter per ribbon?

I think I will go with Mcheyne. First time reading through the KJV Bible, may it be ever beneficial.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

It's my desire to read at least one verse a day. Let me start there and hold true to never miss a day and see what grace is granted beyond that.

For personal reading, I'm continuing to read cover to cover at a typical 4 chapters per day, as has been my preferred method for a long time.

For family reading, I'm getting married in 3 days and we're planning to try the M'Cheyne two-year plan for our family worship.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Last year I read The One Year Chronological Bible NLT. Last year was my worst Bible reading. That's the only time I remember reading my Bible.

This year I'm back to my old habit of reading whole books in one setting. So far I have read 13 books. Not in any order. I will change it up during the year. God willing.

As far as Bible Study my wife and I are doing Philemon. Its only 25 verses, we have read it 14 times so far, soon we will start a discussion of what we learned. We are not in any hurry regarding our Bible Study.

I am doing the One Year Bible in the morning as a read-through, and a more detailed book study in the afternoon. My morning Bible is KJV (I'm a former English teacher and love the flow) abd afternoon study in NASB

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back