Book on Grief

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

I am looking to write a short book on the subject of grief from a Christian point of view. I would like PB members to recommend material and sources for research. I am open to suggestions on what to say and include.

James White's Book I hear is unsurpassed. It's called Grieving: your path back to peace.
I'd post a link but, for whatever reason the whole url doesn't post...

James White's Book I hear is unsurpassed. It's called Grieving: your path back to peace.
I'd post a link but, for whatever reason the whole url doesn't post...
Thank you, I will check it out.

I just read "suffering" by Tripp. I also have "a grief observed" by Lewis. When people write about grief, I appreciate it when they don't hold back on the rawness and reality of how much it can affect us. People who grieve take great comfort in just knowing someone else can relate. I wish you the best!

The Puritans are unmatched on the topic. As one with a Ph.D. in grief and affliction, the Puritans have been a balm to my soul.

I can post a list for you tomorrow.

I am not shouting. I don't know why it is in bold.
Did you try and copy and paste this from another website? There is a remove formatting function on the Puritanboard. But I find it often does not work when you copy and paste from another website. :(

My wife has found Nancy Guthrie’s works profitable.

DA Carson’s book on suffering.
Also, “Inheritance of Tears” by Jessalynn Hutto.

I might be mocked here but I have actually benefitted from and used a little booklet by Granger Westberg called Good Grief. It takes you through the stages of grief. I have led other clergy to the book that thanked me for leading them to the resource.

A couple of books that deal with specific types of grief:

Trusting God Through Tears, Jehu Thomas Burton (deals with the grief of a sudden, tragic loss)
Little One Lost, Glenda Mathes (about early infant loss)

Both are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back