Can somone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB3K

Puritan Board Sophomore
I have Aquinas's Summa

Can some on guide me where Calvin would disagree with Aquinas on the matter of Predestination & Reprobation. I know Calvin treats that the schoolmen treats predestination as, (were predestined to the good works we would already do) or some thing to that measure.

I just want to know where in Aquinas's Summa I can find it, so I can compare what Calvin says, to what Aquinas says.
 
_I answer that,_ God does reprobate some. For it was said above (A. 1) that predestination is a part of providence. To providence, however, it belongs to permit certain defects in those things which are subject to providence, as was said above (Q. 22, A. 2). Thus, as men are ordained to eternal life through the providence of God, it likewise is part of that providence to permit some to fall away from that end; this is called reprobation.

St. Thomas Aquinas (2010). Summa Theologica - St. Thomas Aquinas (Kindle Locations 4244-4247). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

I think Calvin would not agree with this.

For if God decreed that out of some he ordained to eternal life, shall fall away from that end, then God did not ordain them to eternal life, but Reprobted them from the beginning. Right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top