Canadian RPCNA's to Form the RPCC "Reformed Presbyterian Church of Canada"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBredenhof

Puritan Board Freshman
"Dr. Andrew Quigley from Ottawa, brought a petition to form the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Canada. The Canadian churches who desire to join would form their own denomination, distinct from the RPCNA, complete with their own constitution. This request passed and a committee to assist the Canadian RP churches was formed to aid them in becoming their own indigenous RP denomination, joining the RP Global community as a distinct church from the USA’s synod. This may take a few years to birth this idea. Give thanks with our Canadian brethren and pray for their distinct labors north of the border."

I wonder if more churches will consider splitting along borders especially as Vax Passports are required, international travel becomes more difficult, along with the growing costs. Talking to a URC friend their Synod in Ontario Canada is going to have a very small attendance. I told him the Canadian URC can merge with us (CanRC) into a UCanRC :)

Moved to general for lack of a better choice that is public. Updates is for updates about the board, not about everything else in the world. ;)

This is part of the Covenanter's view of the need for national churches to minister to their nation that each nation would come to the point of covenanting with Christ. This is what led to this in our denomination. So it may be somewhat different than 'splitting along borders.' Thus, we have the RPC of Scotland, RPC of Ireland, and RPC of Canada, etc. A new name will be in order for the RPCNA in my opinion.

This is part of the Covenanter's view of the need for national churches to minister to their nation that each nation would come to the point of covenanting with Christ. This is what led to this in our denomination. So it may be somewhat different than 'splitting along borders.' Thus, we have the RPC of Scotland, RPC of Ireland, and RPC of Canada, etc. A new name will be in order for the RPCNA in my opinion.
So, does this mean it's more than just pessimism over the future ability to travel internationally, but something that better fits the denomination's vision anyway?

So, does this mean it's more than just pessimism over the future ability to travel internationally, but something that better fits the denomination's vision anyway?
It has nothing to do with travel abilities. It has to do alone with establishing national churches, which Reformed Presbyterians believe is what God requires.

May God bless these brothers in this. I would hope that this could lead to further mutual work for the Gospel's sake in this land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back