CBD is doing it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, ever since Nate Eshelman got me hooked on bow ties in May, that is all I wear (5x or 6x per week). So, my kids will probably skip the theology and opt for the bow ties this year.

Time to change your avatar! :detective:

-----Added 12/23/2008 at 03:19:56 EST-----

I recently ordered a set of Turretin's Elenctics and asked my wife if she wanted to wrap them for me for Xmas. I just got the ol' eye roll. :rolleyes:

HAHAHA! My wife and I resemble that! :lol:

Wow, you had me going for a while: if I were walking down the Walmart aisle and saw Wilhemus a Brakel, I think I would faint.

The thread about Turretin at Wal Mart referred to it being listed on their website. I never clicked through so maybe it did just redirect to B&N, which stocks a lot of occult and other religious material but stocks some good books too. But Books a Million is far better in that regard and is better than a lot of Christian book stores. I would probably faint to see Turretin or a Brakel on the shelf at Family Christian Stores, much less Wal Mart.

I made a deal with my father in law and in that way got them cheaper then by christian book. You are allowed to be lucky sometimes.

I've heard of Turretin's Elenctic theology and even have one volume, but I have yet to read his Electric theology. It must be shocking...

:p

:lol: Figures!

Wow, you had me going for a while: if I were walking down the Walmart aisle and saw Wilhemus a Brakel, I think I would faint.

The thread about Turretin at Wal Mart referred to it being listed on their website. I never clicked through so maybe it did just redirect to B&N, which stocks a lot of occult and other religious material but stocks some good books too. But Books a Million is far better in that regard and is better than a lot of Christian book stores. I would probably faint to see Turretin or a Brakel on the shelf at Family Christian Stores, much less Wal Mart.

I remember clicking on the Wal-Mart link before and being impressed that it was available there. I agree secular outlets are sometimes the place to go for works that you wouldn't find in your average Christian bookstore.

http://www.puritanboard.com/f29/need-help-finding-book-8040/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back