Champions League Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so, Man Utd win on penalties. Ronaldo missed his penalty, the boy was almost crying cause he thought he had lost the match, but Terry slips on the wet turf when his kick would have won the game, and that mercenary Anelka fired a weak one for Van der Sar to save in the sudden death phase.

This is one reason I enjoy baseball. No penalty kicks, no clocks, no coin flips. Just keep playing until someone wins. Is Cricket similar?

In first class cricket people just run out of time and no one wins.

Its character building.

And so, Man Utd win on penalties. Ronaldo missed his penalty, the boy was almost crying cause he thought he had lost the match, but Terry slips on the wet turf when his kick would have won the game, and that mercenary Anelka fired a weak one for Van der Sar to save in the sudden death phase.

(If any Americans can't understand this, tough. Remember how we Brits feel when you talk about any of your weird sports!!! Next, we will be discussing the rules of Cricket)

All-in-all, an enjoyable game which did a lot for the profile of the English game. Here's hoping the fans behave themselves on the way home.

When Ronaldo missed I cheered so loudly that our cat ran out of the room...only to be disappointed by John Terry slipping. :banghead:

This is one reason I enjoy baseball. No penalty kicks, no clocks, no coin flips. Just keep playing until someone wins. Is Cricket similar?

In first class cricket people just run out of time and no one wins.

Its character building.

Sounds like a wonderful spectator sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back