Christian Political Participation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's important to have the Gospel stand above all things including voting. But just as we don't run away from the world (working and living among the unsaved), we shouldn't run away from voting. Voting for a certain party and arguing for that party no matter what, really isn't putting the Gospel first. However, voting for the person who represents Godly things (pro-life) is a duty given to us by God for now....one day we won't have freedom to vote and our duty in this area will be done. Voting for the lesser evil isn't living the Gospel. Living the Gospel is recognizing that God puts into power those he wants in power, and our duty is to find the man who represents Godly rule and vote for them even when we know they most likely won't win. I don't feel it's wrong to tell ppl I vote for a certain man bc he is pro-life etc which lines up with Godly values. I think our conversations with unbelievers of why we vote for whom we vote should be lathered in the Gospel.

It's so funny how deep we let the Liberal go and ruin things because we are both Americans and Christians and they try to place us in a box to keep us quite. Johnson's idea was to stop the Christian in order to get more Liberal votes for the most part it worked in most cases. In resent times they have stopped teaching children history in a hard kinda way because if you know that Liberals and Atheist have cause most of the problems in America you would never vote for them. The last part Bibles in schools funny the Atheist wins again with 89% Christians and 3% Atheist they have more power why because we let them. We are now as Christians starting to wake up and it's about time.

Having politics in Church is a great idea we vote and are Americans so it should be that way not 501c3 that's not American. So now we can do it bye bye Clinton's lol

Since this thread is in the Theological Forum, let's try to keep the discussion away from specific politicians and parties and focus more on general casuistry.

I resigned as a member of a certain political party last summer. I'm now now officially "unaffiliated" (independent). I can still vote (or not) according to my conscience, but I'm no longer encumbered with a party membership that may or may not represent my opinion(s). It also has the added benefit of derailing conversations that try to paint me into a political corner.

Interesting. I considered dropping my party affiliation last year, but decided not to because it might keep me from participating in some of the candidate selection process in my state. I think if I were a pastor, though, I would go independent—as a witness to the fact that the church serves a higher truth than any political platform. When I was a professional journalist I was independent, again because it seemed the proper face to put on my role in society at the time.

Interesting. I considered dropping my party affiliation last year, but decided not to because it might keep me from participating in some of the candidate selection process in my state. I think if I were a pastor, though, I would go independent—as a witness to the fact that the church serves a higher truth than any political platform. When I was a professional journalist I was independent, again because it seemed the proper face to put on my role in society at the time.
Well you can drop it now. We went from State party conventions to open primaries...weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back