Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Puritan Board Freshman
My wife and I came to Calgary to visit my parents this week, and celebrated Christmas late. I was very pleased to see that for Christmas my parents gave me the entire Puritan Paperback series. Yeah, I already have some, and some are abridged, but overall I am so excited that they got me something useful instead of something I would only waste time on!
 
I got Turretin and the two volumes of Bavinck's Reformed Dogmatics that are now in English! (Plus several other books...)

[Edited on 29-12-2004 by SolaScriptura]
 
I got mostly money and not many presents. So before I leave it all in savings, I'm going to buy for myself Calvin's Institutes and Berkhof's Systematic Theology, both of which, I'm sad to say in all my time as a Reformed person, I've not yet added to my library. I'll probably throw in another goodie as well.
 
My wife bought me "Political Sermons of the American Founding Era, 1730-1805" second edition in 2 volumes. Very cool.

Mike
 
I got "Theonomy: An Informed Response", "That You May Prosper: Dominion By Covenant", and an Encyclopedia set, 100 bucks, and bought a NASB and Here I Stand: The Life of Martin Luther.

[Edited on 12-30-2004 by ConfederateTheocrat]
 
I saw a box at my doorstep, which is usually a good sign. It was from Amazon. Since I had not ordered anything from them, a cold chill went up my spine. With a sense of trepidation, I carefully opened up the box.... A sense of impending doom welled up inside me...
Would my worst fear come to pass?
Yes. As I unwrapped the celephane, there it was, the disgusting abomination I had so feared....

"THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"!!!

My heart sank into my stomach as my knees buckled and I sank to the kitchen floor crying, "Oh no! Oh no!"

By the way, true story!
 
Originally posted by alwaysreforming
I saw a box at my doorstep, which is usually a good sign. It was from Amazon. Since I had not ordered anything from them, a cold chill went up my spine. With a sense of trepidation, I carefully opened up the box.... A sense of impending doom welled up inside me...
Would my worst fear come to pass?
Yes. As I unwrapped the celephane, there it was, the disgusting abomination I had so feared....

"THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"!!!

My heart sank into my stomach as my knees buckled and I sank to the kitchen floor crying, "Oh no! Oh no!"

By the way, true story!

:o You will be in my prayers!

...:tombstone:
 
Originally posted by alwaysreforming
I saw a box at my doorstep, which is usually a good sign. It was from Amazon. Since I had not ordered anything from them, a cold chill went up my spine. With a sense of trepidation, I carefully opened up the box.... A sense of impending doom welled up inside me...
Would my worst fear come to pass?
Yes. As I unwrapped the celephane, there it was, the disgusting abomination I had so feared....

"THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"!!!

My heart sank into my stomach as my knees buckled and I sank to the kitchen floor crying, "Oh no! Oh no!"

By the way, true story!

:lol::lol:

That was good! Sorry to hear it's true though. I thought you we're gonna say it was "Left Behind"
 
Originally posted by alwaysreforming
I saw a box at my doorstep, which is usually a good sign. It was from Amazon. Since I had not ordered anything from them, a cold chill went up my spine. With a sense of trepidation, I carefully opened up the box.... A sense of impending doom welled up inside me...
Would my worst fear come to pass?
Yes. As I unwrapped the celephane, there it was, the disgusting abomination I had so feared....

"THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"!!!

My heart sank into my stomach as my knees buckled and I sank to the kitchen floor crying, "Oh no! Oh no!"

By the way, true story!

He He He he ha ha ho ho ho.:lol:

Told very well. I actually anticipated a good outcome only to find despair and feel your pain.
 
Schaff's 8 vol church history and 38 vol ante-Nicene, Nicene, and post Nicene fathers sets :up::up: Maybe I will have them read before I die.....

Also a new 30rd 5.56 mag and a 40 rounder from my brother. Never tried a 40 rd but will soon:bigsmile:
 
With the money I received, I was able to increase my library with a few books .....

The Hope of Israel
By: Philip Mauro

The Gospel of the Kingdom
By: Philip Mauro

The Seventy Weeks and the Great Tribulation
By: Philip Mauro

The Last Disciple
By: Hank Hanegraaff and Sigmund Brouwer

Back to the Future: A Study in the Book of Revelation
By: Ralph E. Bass, Jr.

Four Kingdoms of Daniel: A Defense of the "Roman Sequence" With A.D. 70
By: John S. Evans

An Evening in Ephesus with John, the Son of Zebedee
By: Bob Emery

He Shall Have Dominion
By: Kenneth Gentry

The Puritan Hope
By: Iain H. Murray

Thine Is The Kingdom - Studies in the Postmillennial Hope
By: Kenneth Gentry

And I bought a couple of small booklets on the destruction of Jerusalem for some easy reading.

I'm getting ready to order the last book I'm going to buy for a while (It will use up the last of my money) .....

Reformed Dogmatics (3rd Edition)
By: W.G.T. Shedd

I just gotta find the time to read them all now. :bigsmile:






[Edited on 12-31-2004 by ANT]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top