Church Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAR

Puritan Board Freshman
Dear Friends,
We are in the process of moving to Alabama, and would like to know if anyone has some recommendations to make on churches to attend. The location is in the southern part of the state, primarily in the Spanish Fort, Daphne, Fairhope area. Our preference is Reformed Baptist, but would gladly consider a Presbyterian church also. It seems that it's slim pickings here. Mobile isn't too far, but would prefer closer to home.
Thanks in advance for your help.

There used to be a PB member who had a small RB church down there on the east side of the bay, but last time I looked, it had suspended services.

---

Have you looked at this one in Robertsdale?

http://www.gracefellowshipbaptist.org/About-Us/Distinctives

----

I was incorrect about them suspending services. They are meeting in homes at this point. See down thread for the web site. It is within the targeted search area - east side of Mobile Bay.

Last edited:
Yes, I have. That is one that I am considering visiting. I was impressed with some of the pastor's messages, but he recently left.
It's too bad, but we have it on our radar nonetheless.

Thanks

You might find it profitable to tap the local knowledge of Pastor Lawrence Underwood (Mobile AL). He was a member here. Don't know if he still is.

I just messaged Lawrence and he's not here any more. He is happy if you want to phone him. I will message you his number

Lawrence Underwood pastored a RB church in Mobile. I am not sure if it is still active. Christ Fellowship Baptist Church in Mobile is RB. Steve Lawson was Pastor there at one point.

I went and visited him a few years ago. If you are Reformed Presbyterian you will struggle to fit in iF you hold to the Regulative Principle of Worship . I love him deeply. He is a good man. Last I talked to him he was meeting in homes for worship

Lawrence Underwood pastored a RB church in Mobile. I am not sure if it is still active. Christ Fellowship Baptist Church in Mobile is RB. Steve Lawson was Pastor there at one point.

Thanks Mark,
I looked at that, but oddly enough, the church teaches dispensationalism. I don't know if it was that way during Lawson's tenure as the pastor, or it has changed after he left.

Regards,

Thanks Mark,
I looked at that, but oddly enough, the church teaches dispensationalism. I don't know if it was that way during Lawson's tenure as the pastor, or it has changed after he left.

Regards,

I'm pretty sure Steve Lawson is more or less in the same theological position as John MacArthur, so that would be no surprise.

Thanks Mark,

Regards,

Most of the folks on staff there went to The Masters Seminary (MacArthur) so that is not surprising. That Church, and Lawrence Underwoods, were just the only two RB churches I am aware of in the "Mobile Metroplex." Which I think is two more than we have on this side of the state line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back