The Calvinistic Methodist
Puritan Board Freshman
Hey guys!
I am a full time seminary student at Wesley Seminary. Obviously all of my books, classes, peers, and professors are Wesleyan in belief. I find myself isolated as a “reformed Baptist.” Even my church isn’t reformed, I go to a missionary church.
I grew up free-will Baptist. Through my studies of the puritans, Calvin, John Piper, Sproul, and seeking scripture myself, I have adopted a theology and beliefs that are congruent with the 1689 London Baptist confession.
I do not wish to discuss my situation, only my study aids. I own a number of Baptist commentaries, and Wesleyan commentaries. Additionally, I have Calvin and Pooles commentaries online I can use. Is there a series that can help me interpret scripture better on a reformed academic level? I’m not a new believer, but I am new to the reformed camp and want help in my personal study. Ecspecially since I am by myself in my church, family, and seminary in studying this. Ideally the commentary would be inexpensive since I do not have much money.
Suggestions would be appreciated!
-Ryan
I am a full time seminary student at Wesley Seminary. Obviously all of my books, classes, peers, and professors are Wesleyan in belief. I find myself isolated as a “reformed Baptist.” Even my church isn’t reformed, I go to a missionary church.
I grew up free-will Baptist. Through my studies of the puritans, Calvin, John Piper, Sproul, and seeking scripture myself, I have adopted a theology and beliefs that are congruent with the 1689 London Baptist confession.
I do not wish to discuss my situation, only my study aids. I own a number of Baptist commentaries, and Wesleyan commentaries. Additionally, I have Calvin and Pooles commentaries online I can use. Is there a series that can help me interpret scripture better on a reformed academic level? I’m not a new believer, but I am new to the reformed camp and want help in my personal study. Ecspecially since I am by myself in my church, family, and seminary in studying this. Ideally the commentary would be inexpensive since I do not have much money.
Suggestions would be appreciated!
-Ryan