Concerning my Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenChosen

Puritan Board Freshman
Since I have been getting more than a few questions regarding my avatar, instead of explaining it to everyone individual through various forms such as AIM, I decided to make a post about it. That's right, I'm that vain.

My avatar is a picture of Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the starship Enterprise in Star Trek, the Next Generation, and also a few movies.

"So Daniel, do you like Star Trek?" you might ask. The answer is no, I'm not a big fan. I'm hugely more into Star Wars, as demonstrated by the fact that I've read more books on Star Wars than theology or apologetics right now (hold those rotten tomatoes!).

So why the picture? Well, it has to do with history actually. As we all know, names given to theological movements often do not come from the movement itself, but outsiders generally trying to make fun of the movement. For instance, Calvin didn't decide that those who agreed with him should be called Calvinists; outsiders decided to do that.

Well, another joking name for a Calvinist originated from Calvin's birthplace in Picardy, France. Early in the Reformation, Calvinists were often called "Picards."

"But Daniel," you all (or at least Mary) ask, "isn't that waaaaaaaaaaay cheesy for you to make your avatar based on that?"

And the answers is yes, yes it is.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by FrozenChosen]

Daniel wrote:
[quote:3c23902822]
"But Daniel," you all (or at least Mary) ask, "isn't that waaaaaaaaaaay cheesy for you to make your avatar based on that?"
[/quote:3c23902822]

Wow. Way to completely pick up on where I would go with this...Congrats! You now know me better than 99.9999% of the world!

There's a "Next Generation" of Star Trek? Bill Gates must be stopped, NOW...

Mary :D

[quote:78a5ddbce8][i:78a5ddbce8]Originally posted by Mary[/i:78a5ddbce8]
Daniel wrote:
[quote:78a5ddbce8]
[/quote:78a5ddbce8]

Wow. Way to completely pick up on where I would go with this...Congrats! You now know me better than 99.9999% of the world!

There's a "Next Generation" of Star Trek? Bill Gates must be stopped, NOW...

Mary :D [/quote:78a5ddbce8]

Yeah, seriously Bill Gates needs to be stopped.

The only thing Star Trek was good for was giving us the grounds for a good Priceline.com commercial, you know, the one with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. Don't be offended Trekkers, I am a Star Wars fan. It's like the Roman Catholic church and the Reformers, respectively speaking.

I saw Star Wars in the theater, when it first came out. We all thought it was the coolest thing ever! Of course, I think I was about 7...

Mary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back