Conversion; a process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Scott Bushey

Tom,
Here is the reformed view of the Order of Salvation :
1) election
2) predestination
3) gospel call
4) inward call
5) regeneration,
6) conversion (faith & repentance)
7) justification
8) sanctification
9) glorification. (Rom 8:29-30)

:


Scott,

I know we have discussed this before, but I am compelled to bring this point up again regarding the order of salvation. The order you listed is not necessarily the order common to all reformers. Due to different emphasis on terms and definitions (e.g., regeneration defined narrowly or broadly; immediate versus mediate; and calling"”internal or immediate versus external and mediate) it is really impossible to paint an exact order common to all reformers.

Moreover, and generally speaking, the reformers began the order with either calling or regeneration (see Hodge, Berkhof, and Geerhardus Vos) depending on the above applied definitions and emphasis. Therefore, I personally follow the thinking of Geerhardus Vos and others that the order is better understood as:

Regeneration
Calling
Conversion
Faith
Justification
Sanctification
Glorification

Jim

PS. God willing, I will be smoking an Anejo on Friday-- my first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top