Susita,
I would disagree with those who say that you are incapable of making this decision. You are responsible for making it -- it is you who must say "I do, I will", and you are the one who must live with the consequences of your vows. This doesn't mean you don't need help, and I am glad you are conscientiously taking advantage of the wisdom of your dad and others. I second the common sense advice of Jacob, and the really godly, loving advice of Mr. Plauger; certainly we cannot accurately foretell outcomes but I believe that if you follow that kind of advice, God will bless you with a good husband.
I would encourage you that your dad can't be 'made' to be more authoritarian than he is: he can graciously agree to help you enforce your own convictions, but if they are not his own, it is still your own convictions you are following. Ask him for his opinions on specific points where you know him to be wise, but again, he probably can't be made to have opinions he doesn't have. He sounds like a good man who wants to help you find a good husband; be grateful that he isn't simply using this situation as an opportunity to push his own preferences over yours; and don't expect him to be the courtship model dad.
As regards some of the other opinions expressed-- I don't believe anyone on this board is guilty of these things but some of the expressions make me nervous. I've seen a mentality elsewhere, that the dad can use his authority in this area to make sure his daughter never sees the whites of the eyes of a young man who disagrees with him about something as trivial as dogs, and who is such a doormat that he can made to do anything -- build all the dad's barns and develop his property for free -- for the daughter's hand. This is an abuse of dependency that I hope no one would inflict on a small child, let alone a reasoning adult who is supposed to be capable of vowing their life away. In such situations, it is a complete myth that the daughters emotions are engaged and the father's are not, therefore he is qualified to judge. Besides the noble protective instinct, there are the rather ignoble though perfectly understandable emotions that arise when another man who is not a doormat but someone with his own convictions and authority, who disagrees on points that may irritate dad but are not necessary to godliness, with a completely different personality than dad's, comes along and attaches the daughter in a way dad never did. Many courtship materials I have read seem to incite the dad to gratify these ignoble emotions and abuse his authority in the situation by trying to make sure his daughter marries someone who is merely an extension of his personality and authority. This is extremely unkind to the daughter and absolutely disrespectful of a brother in Christ.
Moreover, if two people are incapable of making this decision then they are incapable of living with the consequences, and unready to be married. More than likely they will make their own decision anyway. However I want to ask on what basis a dad does more than beg and plead with a daughter not to be attracted to and marry unsaved young men? If this is the kind of man she is attracted to, what does that say about the state of her soul? Is the dad really going to be unkind enough to some believing young man to try to force the unwilling daughter together with him, when the dad would not wish a girl with such values to be passed off on his own believing son?
My own dear dad wanted me to marry a micro-denominationally approved and enthused fundamentalist etc., convictions I had already examined and could not desire in a husband. He tends to be more emotional than my mom and I knew he was having a difficult time letting me go at all (I'm the eldest daughter), and to someone different in convictions than he was, and whose personality was not the one he would have chosen (my dad's personality is very different from mine). If I had laid down my reason, assuming myself incapable of making a decision I had to live with, Ruben would not be my husband now. Rather I stuck it out through my dad's initial displeasure and he did consent happily later on. I knew my dad's reasons for disapproving, and knew they were not in keeping with the things he had taught me to value most. That is the two cents anyway of a very happily married woman, with a great Christian man for a husband and for a dad.