Creating Apps for iPad, iPhone and iTouch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother John

Puritan Board Sophomore
Anyone on the PB have any experience creating Apps? I have a list of several App ideas that I cannot find in the Apple App store that I would like to create. How does one go about creating Apps?
 
The official route:
  1. Get a Mac
  2. Signup as a developer
  3. Download the development kit
  4. Learn Objective-C and the iOS application framework.
  5. Start coding
The development kit includes an emulator that runs on the Mac which can get you a long way down the road. The $99 is required to get the "key" to install it on your iPad or publish it in the App Store. This $99 is per year, so I would put that off until you see how things progress. If you do publish to the App Store, you get 70% of the sales, Apple gets 30% to cover their costs of running the store.
 
Thanks form the posts. I do not have a Mac yet, does anyone know if I could use my iPad instead? I imagine I could start with the android until I get a Mac. How hard is it to "roll over" an app from android to apple?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top